Is the normal?

meopilite

Registered
Is it normal to have chalk spots left on the cue ball? I'm using Masters black chalk (my table cloth is black). I chalk-up the way many professionals show in vidios.

ScDg1KN

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it normal to have chalk spots left on the cue ball? I'm using Masters black chalk (my table cloth is black). I chalk-up the way many professionals show in vidios.

ScDg1KN
Yes it’s normal to have black chalk marks on the Cue ball, the Cue shafts, the cloth, your hands, virtually everything! That is why you will learn next time never again to have black cloth or use black chalk.

My suggestion at this point while you have the black cloth – it may sound strange but purchase a couple pieces of Taom Pyro blue chalk. Even though it’s blue chalk, it will not discolor the cue ball at all, very little will ever be noticed on your black cloth, and absolutely none on your hands or on the pool shaft. It may sound like it’s expensive at roughly $20 apiece, but I assure you 2 pieces will last you very long time.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Not necessarily. The Measle, Blue Circle, Blue Dot and Red Dot will retain chalk marks pretty easily, and may be a bit hard to get off. The Red Circle cue ball is a different compound from any of the above, and is easier to clean those marks off. If you're lucky enough to find a Black Circle, it is the same as the Red Circle, though not made anymore.

All the best,
WW