OB Fusion Shaft - Initial Review

RandyinHawaii

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just received the OB Fusion 4 shaft that came with a OB prototype butt and spent about 4 hrs playing/practicing with it last night. IMHO (take it for what it is worth as I am only about C level player) the Fusion shaft is the best of all the cue shafts I have ever tried, which includes most of the CF shafts being made right now.

Of course opinions vary depending on what your tastes are, but following is based on what I like/want:

1. Looks = The Fusion looks just like a wood shaft, which I like. I don't mind the way the black CF shafts look, but I much prefer the look of wood/maple.

2. Deflection = No scientific testing, but to me, the Fusion has less deflection the Cuetech CF, maybe just a little more, but not much, than the Revo, and about the same as Meucci/BECUE/Mezz CF shafts.

3. Feel = Feels like a good solid maple shaft.

4. Cue ball movement = This is the area that I was most impressed with. I have never had a cue shaft of any kind that moved the cue ball as effortlessly as this one!!

Only thing I wonder about is the durability (dings/dents) of the outer wood part of the shaft.

If you get a chance, recommend you try out the OB Fusion shaft.

Aloha
Randy

Last edited: