Table height

shayne87

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know the height to the top of the slate or the top of the rails on a carom table? Thanks

Last edited:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is an interesing question. I think slate to floor now is 31" and has been since around 1910. Prior to this it was generally 34". I would like to hear more knowledgeable people weigh in. My Antique Brunswick Non Paraliel Novelty table is 34". It is circa 1880 and I was told in the day it was due to women playing and it was considered poor taste for their dresses to rise or be pulled up for a shot. Really -:).

The table was set up great and player fast. I used to have regular $ games and guys always complained, (if loosing), the height was an unfair advantage. I was watching allot of Accu Stat VHS one pocket at the time. Grady and Billy were always raving about Centennials as the great playing tables. This was around the time Diamonds were fairly new and whereat to dominate. So I had a Rosewood Centennial restored, and dis mantled and stored my beloved Non Paraliel Novelty.

I played my best pool on the Non Paraliel Novelty and my back sorely misses the extra 3". However, unless I move, I can only have one up at a time and should stick to today's standard.