Silver Member
tell me about the kind of shaft you have /prefer

taper there seems to be European and American type of tapers
ferrules
tips

im looking at shafts but I have no idea what I like
never even heard of NO deflection

too bad I cant try them before buying

1.- No deflection is impossible. relative lower deflection may exists, although it doesn't necessarily mean an improvement.
But ZERO deflection? No way.

2.- What's good for "John Doe" is not necessarily good for "Pete Doe".

3.- Although there are excellent production cues out there, my personal preference and recommendation is HANBAT, hands down.

Let me recount one of the strangest episodes in my life as a 3 cushion wannabe player.

When I was a novice (not that I am now a champion:smile:) I was trying, unsuccessfully, to make a relatively difficult trick shot, (more than I could handle with my very limited expertise back then), with the cue I owned (an Adam) and, then, out of nowhere, one of the workers at the Hall lend me a beaten Hanbat to try out.

To my (big) surprise, not only I was able to make the shot in the FIRST TRY, I did it several times, over and over.

That was the first time in my life I saw a Hanbat in "the flesh". At that point, I've already used Schulers, Longonis, even "Exotic" foreign 3-C cues, like Villaseñor, among others others.

(They are all FIRST class cues, BTW.)

Yeah, I know "it's the Indian, not the Arrow", most likely it was simple luck, a random personal occurrence or "Just me", but with that beaten, POS Hanbat, it was like something magical happened.

Needless to say, from that moment on, I completely gave up my soul to Hanbat.

And needles to say, I've owned several, each one better than the other.

I'm no expert, however I've owned a lot of cues, from "broomsticks" to super high end, but what really separates Hanbat from the others is the ridiculous amount of quality you get for your money.

A $200 Hanbat feels and plays like a $1,000 custom cue or better. You could use a microscope and you'd be hard pressed to find a flaw, even within their cheapest line.

HANBAT is not an unknown, obscure, "another-asiatic-brand", actually it's been around for a long time, and it's the cue of choice of many top 3 cushion Korean players (and also some non Koreans, like Jean Paul de Bruijn) and I think we all know how the Koreans are doing in 3 cushions nowadays. AFAIK, they don't pay players for use their cues.

Try one, I know you won't regret it.

Last edited:

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey Sur...shoot me a PM and I will fill you in on all my testing over the last few months... I play with OB shafts, but tips and whatnot are bringing out the best in my setup as of late!

Let me know man!

G.

csarda1

3 Cushions Addict
Silver Member
hey Sur...shoot me a PM and I will fill you in on all my testing over the last few months... I play with OB shafts, but tips and whatnot are bringing out the best in my setup as of late!

Let me know man!

G.

Does OB make 3 cushion/Carom shafts?

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
im getting myself a kilby shaft sometime next week
very affordable
will report on it after a few games

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
got my kilby shaft in thursday
today I played a couple of hrs on it
hits pretty solid as far as I can tell, ive never shot with a ld shaft, but I liked it
good stiff hit, but the 12mm tip was a game changer from never using a carom cue or shaft before, all ive been playing with has been my pool cues shafts