Lathe Safety - NOT

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
He's lucky that machine is not a old brute....it would ripped his leg off!!

Lathes can grab you when least expected.... But that move was senseless!
I've seen several links and photos to horrible heavy machinery accidents... I'll assure you none of them seen it coming.
So please practice extreme safety, there are more&more guys buying bigger more powerful machines and have little safety education about the machine...

INSTALL SAFETY STOPS ON ALL OF YOUR MACHINES.

Thank you

Rob.M

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
and have little safety education about the machine...

INSTALL SAFETY STOPS ON ALL OF YOUR MACHINES.
Thank you
Rob.M

The vid did not open. Little safety education?....I see guys without safety glasses, wearing jewelry, etc. Any tool/machine big or small is dangerous. Safety first. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hmmmm . . . seems like the video may have been pulled.
Sorry about that.
Gary

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's nothing more than an up-and-coming contender in training for a future run at the Darwin Award.

TW

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Complacency and scene change blindness are major contributors to workshop incidents.
Scene change blindness causes more incidents than is given credit for as well. It is an interesting phenomenon effecting the human condition.
Neil

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
My late grandfather told me a story about a guy back in the 70's that did something like this on a LARGE lathe.

It killed him. Tommy D.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
couldn't see either of the links but the one with the dumb kid in school who thinks he can stop the chuck from spinning is pretty dumb,

a commercial grade manual lathe