Austin Anyone?

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Jude,

I made the same transition a while back. I actually think we played together at Corner/Amsterdam. Maybe even the west side Amsterdam. And most likely on the Tri-state tour back in the early 2000s! Time sure flies!

Texas is a great place. You'll like the lack of any state or city income taxes! Quality of life and cost to live are way lower as well [but I'm sure you know all of that]. I made my way to Houston through Dallas.

PM me anytime. And you're welcome to swing by Houston to shoot the breeze or play some. I have a 9' GC at the house :)

Congrats on the move - best of luck on the family side.

-td

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jude,

I made the same transition a while back. I actually think we played together at Corner/Amsterdam. Maybe even the west side Amsterdam. And most likely on the Tri-state tour back in the early 2000s! Time sure flies!

Texas is a great place. You'll like the lack of any state or city income taxes! Quality of life and cost to live are way lower as well [but I'm sure you know all of that]. I made my way to Houston through Dallas.

PM me anytime. And you're welcome to swing by Houston to shoot the breeze or play some. I have a 9' GC at the house :)

Congrats on the move - best of luck on the family side.

-td

Thanks TD! The moment I get settled, I plan to start doing some exploring which will definitely include Houston. I'll let you know when I'm in town.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I started my four day trek from New York to Austin on Friday feeling perfectly fine. By the time I hit New Jersey (almost two hours through grinding traffic), I felt a cold coming on. I made it to Richmond, Virginia that day, played at Jim Gottier's poolroom called "Greenleaf's" which was spectacular (the equipment is in great shape and the food is the best I've ever had in a poolroom).

My second day had me going to Nashville. By then, my cold was in full force. Doing a long drive, alone while sick is no picnic but I managed to get there only to find out my AirBnB room was a fraud. The host's account was hacked and had no idea I was due to arrive. I ended-up staying in a cheap motel room (everything was booked) and AirBnB picked-up the cost.

I was hoping to make it to Shreveport, Louisiana to visit a friend on the third night but the frequent breaks I took made that impossible so I called it a day in Texarkana which is basically the same distance to Austin as Shreveport.

So, I'm here. In one piece. I'm mostly unpacked and finally feeling better, still waiting for the cable guy to come and hook me up which isn't happening until tomorrow. I think I'm going to go play some pool tonight. Not sure where to begin!

asiasdad

Banned
I just found this thread. I drive from Waco to Round Rock on Sundays (about
an hour and 20 min) to play at Skinny Bobs as there is no table in between
worth playing on.

The manor spot with the diamonds is very nice, however I cannot find any
one pocket players there where at Skinny Bobs, they're all over the place - lol.

Welcome to Texas.

Danny

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Glad you made it "home" safe and sound! Try Salt Lick for some good BBQ when you get around to exploring!

-td

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reviving this thread.

I’ll be in Austin Sunday evening and all day Monday. Planning on getting out for some 1P.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reviving this thread.

I’ll be in Austin Sunday evening and all day Monday. Planning on getting out for some 1P.

Hello sir. The Texas Open 10 ball is this weekend at Skinny Bob's. There won't be any tables available at Skinny Bobs on Sunday for sure. There may be some available later in the day on Monday though.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15 Minutes without traffic. I know you are from New York and all but Austin traffic is pretty awful.
This post is 3 years old. I wonder how Austin traffic is now. And I wonder how it will be once Apple builds its new campus down there.

There was some hope around here that Apple would set up shop in the Triangle area. Although that would have definitely increased our real estate values, I'm glad Apple (and Amazon) decided to go elsewhere. We don't need the extra crowding around here. Or, maybe I'm just talking sour grapes. :p

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info.

Also a Fast Eddies 1/4 mile down from Bobs with a couple ninefooters I think ! Use to be a place called Eric's but name changed had gold crowns . Have fun and see ya soon man I'm down here camping by Alafia for a week then headed to Ocala till Atlanta. Ocala / Santos is all booked up for camping . Any other recommendations for camping for a week or so .... ? Thanks and have fun bud

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also a Fast Eddies 1/4 mile down from Bobs with a couple ninefooters I think ! Use to be a place called Eric's but name changed had gold crowns . Have fun and see ya soon man I'm down here camping by Alafia for a week then headed to Ocala till Atlanta. Ocala / Santos is all booked up for camping . Any other recommendations for camping for a week or so .... ? Thanks and have fun bud
Eric's is now The Grand. Same shopping center. https://www.facebook.com/pg/TheGrandAustin/photos/?ref=page_internal

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're welcome. It is also non-smoking for this event. Some big name pros are playing. Woodward, Pagulayan, Bustamante, Morra, Omar, Manny Chau, HillBilly, Saez, McMinn to name some.

I’ll head over there around 8pm Sunday and check it out. I know some of those rotation players play 1P.

Jim