Delta rack

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the pros an cons between the select delta rack and the elite. Is the elite worth 2x price..

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally do not like the Delta rack, I always have a hard time getting the Apex ball to freeze to the rack. There is a curve on the inside of the Delta rack elite, where it seems to correct the issue i have with it, the Delta select has no curve inside the rack.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
The major CON to any rack made of metal is that it will annoy the entire hall to the point where you are the recipient of multiple eye-rolls. After only THREE eye-rolls, you are branded as a kick-stand case toting, jump-cue cozy having..... well, you get the idea.

A tight rack is important. IF its that important, and you want to do it quickly and efficiently, use one of those flippy floppy templates? (I'm almost positive someone will chime in with the proper name and nomenclature). I salute your responsible search for a tight rack.

Lesh

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the pros an cons between the select delta rack and the elite. Is the elite worth 2x price..

I've got the elite the billiard sanctuary etched into it at a reduced price. It's the best rack except for the noise. Last year I played at a room in Oxnard that a Delta rack with the inserts and I was amazed how quiet it was.

I need to glue some inserts into mine

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The diamond rack is just as good at half the price, or less
Without the noise or need or noise reduction

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The diamond rack is just as good at half the price, or less
Without the noise or need or noise reduction

Love the Diamond rack. It's by far the best wooden rack. However sometimes balls stick to the rack when you pull it away. Won't happen with the metal rack

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the only difference between them is the Elite comes

in colors and the Select are only black or gray?

Actually walnut bronze

Last edited:

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will be in my own home ,select has pointed corners and elite doesn't from what I see and the rounded insets .i played in a tourney last eve and it was the best rack I have used ever and on the diamond ther is the woodend diamonrsck in the room also

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
The Delta Elite is the best rack money can buy, simple as that.
As far as the noise, if you dont throw the balls in the rack then ram the rack back and forth on the table they are just not that noisy. Basically if you treat the rack, balls, and table like you are the one that paid for it all the Delta does not make that much noise, its the racker not the rack.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Disagree, just putting the balls in the rack, shuffling them around, makes alot of noise

I bought it balls and table, I owned it, makes too much noise without the insert for me

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Noise?

What happens when you break the rack open?

How many seconds does the noise last?

Why do you roll the balls in the rack to cause the rattle?

Isn't a couple of seconds of noise worth it to use the best rack. assuming it was?

So you'll spring for $140 for the rack but won't spend the extra cash for the inserts?

Personally, I think the elite is cool but $175-180 (incldg inserts) is....is.....well, it's absurd.

I just do not think any rack could be worth $100 (including shipping & tax) and that's likely
overpriced unless the rack was exotic wood or decorative & engraved.....After all, it's only a rack.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Yes noise it bugs the hell out of me

I don't play pool anymore, but when I did I didn't play big break games, the break never bothered me, it's the high pitch that makes me nuts

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do you guys throw the balls in the rack from across the room? How hard is it to place the balls gingerly in the rack? Brian.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Takes to long for thit, I would just gather them all, put the rack around, then order, no way am I going to sit there and arrange the balls so slowly to NOT make noise on those things
Just like the magic rack, takes to long for me to want to use it

But again with the delta, the noise bugs the hell out of me, just a personal thing

Last edited:

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The construction is considerably different between the Select and Elite.
The select side pieces join at the corners while the elite includes machined corner pieces.
Worth the price IMO, been using mine for over 5 years.
The sound suppression inserts are a must, they provide a HUGE difference. These inserts are only cut leather with an adhesive backing. I bought mine but one could insert any cut leather with glue or two sided tape.

There are many options in the game for racking...if you decide to go with the Delta-13, I suggest the elite.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Gotta get the python inserts. I don't know how pool can be played without python inserts in the rack. Behold my setup:

attachment.php

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many teams in our league have ordered the package deal which comes with Elite rack, personalized quieting leather inserts, and plastic case for the rack and a set of balls (balls not included). PM me if you are interested in package price.

Hands down the best engineered rack in the world. Expensive, yes. IMO totally worth it. Don't waste money on the Select rack. Get the Elite. AND GET THE LEATHER INSERTS!!!!! No one wants to hear loud clanking. The inserts work GREAT!!

FYI all the extra engraving you see here is included in my package price. This really makes the rack special. What our teams have done is split the cost between the 5 players. Works out to around $40 per person. Or in our case we split the cost among two teams at the bar, so only $20 per person.

slelite.png

Last edited: