Simonis 760 is a billiards cloth?

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I've played my whole playing "career" on 760 on pool tables, but I've heard it claimed several times that this particular cloth was developed for carom billiards. Is this true?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I've played my whole playing "career" on 760 on pool tables, but I've heard it claimed several times that this particular cloth was developed for carom billiards. Is this true?

By the numbers...
860 is slower than 760
Carom cloth is 300....much faster.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, carom cloth is much faster than Simonis 760, and there are some faster pool table cloths than 760 as well, such as Andy or Granito/Gorina.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
300 is the only simonis made for Carom,
And now they have new rail cloth only, that's 100 percent synthetic

But nope ,760. Ain't fur carum

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
No, carom cloth is much faster than Simonis 760, and there are some faster pool table cloths than 760 as well, such as Andy or Granito/Gorina.

I am surprised to see that Andy is faster cloth. I have been watching the Wyoming Open which is sponsored by Andy and you can see the cue ball rolling to a stop rather quickly. I was very surprised that you could see cloth play that slow on video.

https://youtu.be/2eOzUIGGd0U

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I am surprised to see that Andy is faster cloth. I have been watching the Wyoming Open which is sponsored by Andy and you can see the cue ball rolling to a stop rather quickly. I was very surprised that you could see cloth play that slow on video.

https://youtu.be/2eOzUIGGd0U

I agree, Andy is not as fast as 760....and it’s rougher.
Tournament 2000 by Granito is faster...to me, ideal for straight pool.