Silver Member
I thought this would be interesting to see Fargo’s
I’ll start I’m a 625 starter rank

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I thought this would be interesting to see Fargo’s
I’ll start I’m a 625 starter rank

Unfortunately I live in the sticks and am unclocked. I have worked hard on my game for the last couple of years and am playing well right now.

I asked a good league player to estimate my FR before we played and he thought about a 580. The league player is a 625. Over the next three days we played 8 set and I won 7 but most went hill/hill. The friend I was playing said the big table we were playing on made the difference, he mostly plays on the short track and I am all 9ftr.

I doubt I will ever have a Fargo rate being 100 miles from the nearest pool hall.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
well... you will need to get out some to get a score.
You're almost neighbors, it would be cool if one could schedule, reserve a table, a set
of games at the fargo pool hall that would scored into the system, kind of a package
get away deal for players, ya no, a lodging, table time, a suite of game matchups with
locals or fellow travelers, a booker/broker to fargorate bonification so to speak..

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero.jpg

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd guess my Fargo would be approximately 350-Slightly stronger than my probable Naked and Afraid PSR rating of no higher than 1.2!

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I'm listed at 580, but I beat guys or play
even guys who are 650 or so. I only play at
Derby, so that's probably the only source that
has contributed to my Fargo Rate. I have beat
a few guys in the Derby 9 ball event the last
couple of years that are rated in the 700's. I
haven't beaten anyone there that shoots in the
800's yet. That's kind of hard when you sit there
and watch Shane put a 6 pack on you or Kiamco
run 3 racks in a row every time you allow him to
get to the table.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With a robustness of 140 games...
A starter rating of 540
I am now a 560....

But playing in several local events that report to fargo, expect it to move fairly quickly.

I have been told that it fluctuates until you get about 1000 games in...we will see.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had something like 720, i believe. When I was checking it last time. Now barely 700 -.-

so 702 it is.. Not established yet.

Played lately more Snooker, Finnish Kaisa and Russian Pyramid. :)

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
541 last time I checked

edit: Checked just now. Still 541...starter rating 525...current robustness 138...still shows me with a preliminary rating

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are not established then you have no idea of your Fargorate. I have seen guys start out with a 550 and after getting established they are at 520 and I have seen the opposite.

I am established with an 1118 robustness and my Fargorate is spot on where it should be. Let's say I'm B+ that can play to an A.

I think Fargorate is the best system for rating players there ever was, once you are established of course.
That's my story and yes, I'm sticking to it.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
People are funny when it comes to their ratings. It seems that many people think they are as good as their best matches. In my area (Arizona), Fargo is practically a religion! Every tournament is based on Fargo. Handicapped using their charts and capped at various ratings (550 and below, 600 and under, etc.). The funny thing is that almost everyone I have talked to about ratings has either implied or flat out stated that their rating is low. Some people with over 2,000 robustness, plays three tournaments per week, and still laughs that their Fargo is about 75 points lower than it should be! One guy rated at about 620 gets a couple of beers in him and says stuff like “don’t tell on me, but I should be about a 680.” Then you see him on the stream table dogging his brains out. But the best is when someone around 525 says stuff like, I actually play at about 537 speed. Is there a noticeable difference??

Why do people feel a need to let other people know they think they’re underrated. Self conscious maybe?