World Pool Masters 2019

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Starts Friday morning. Friday, Saturday and Sunday all sessions appear to be at 8:00 AM and 2:00 PM eastern.

Looks like the only way to watch here in the US is by either buying the stream via DAZN or finding someone rebroadcasting the stream of Sky or Dazn. I'll be going the pirate route.

http://www.matchroompool.com/news/world-pool-masters-draw/

"The 24-player field includes eight players who qualified for the event by winning major 9-ball tournaments and these eight players go straight into the last 16. The remaining 16 invited players play in the preliminary round, with players joining the last 16 draw in order of their seeding. Players in the preliminary round were seeded by their current WPA World Ranking."

"Matches are race-to-seven up until the semi-finals, which are race-to-eight with the final being a race-to-9. All matches are a winner breaks format with a 30 second shot clock in operation."

Match Schedule

Friday, March 29 – Afternoon Session – 1300 local time
Wu Jiaqing (China) vs. Alex Pagulayan (Canada)
Fedor Gorst (Russia) vs. Naoyuki Oi (Japan)
Albin Ouschan (Austria) vs. Jeffrey De Luna (Philippines)
David Alcaide (Spain) vs. Francisco Sanchez Ruiz (Spain)

Friday, March 29 – Evening Session – 1900 local time
Eklent Kaci (Albania) vs. Earl Strickland (USA)
Shane Van Boening (USA) vs. Kelly Fisher (England)
Petri Makkonen (Finland) vs. Justin Sajich (Australia)
Chris Melling (England) vs. Matt Edwards (New Zealand)

Saturday, March 30 – Afternoon Session – 1300 local time
Niels Feijen (Holland) vs. Alcaide/Ruiz
Han Yu (China) vs. SvB/Fisher
Ko Pin Yi (Chinese Taipei) vs. Wu/Pagulayan
Alexander Kazakis (Greece) vs Makkonen/Sajich

Saturday, March 30 – Evening Session – 1900 local time
Jayson Shaw (Scotland) vs. Kaci/Strickland
Konrad Juszczyszyn (Poland) vs. Melling/Edwards
Joshua Filler (Germany) vs. Ouschan/De Luna
Skyler Woodward (USA) vs. Gorst/Oi

Sunday, March 31 – Afternoon Session – 1300 local time
Quarter-Final 1
Quarter-Final 2
Quarter-Final 3
Quarter-Final 4

Sunday, March 31 – Evening Session – 1900 local time
Semi-final 1
Semi-final 2
Final

WPMbracket.jpg

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
forgive my ignorance, but Justin Sajich and Matt Edwards..who are these chaps, and how do they rate an invite? coz brits?

glad to see this great event back in action.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year, it was streamed free in the USA on Facebook.

It may be that way again this year: https://www.facebook.com/worldpoolmasters2019livetv/

I haven' t seen any post from Matchroom saying it will be available through Facebook this year. Looks like they sold the US rights to this DAZN.

Looking at Sky Sports (https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide/29-03-2019) it is being streamed on a number of their channels. It might even start an hour earlier on one of the secondary streams for a pre-show or something.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know how Matchroom is going to have the US Open available in N America is it going to be same as this DAZN ?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
forgive my ignorance, but Justin Sajich and Matt Edwards..who are these chaps, and how do they rate an invite? coz brits?

i don't know. the best from oceania, perhaps? coz they are clearly not brits

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to put down anyone at the expo. All great pros but the field is really lacking because of this event this year. I recognize few names in the pro tournament

Attachments

• B3A98A14-E65D-4E5E-96F9-3BB24D95C79B.jpg
    B3A98A14-E65D-4E5E-96F9-3BB24D95C79B.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 1,560

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Justin Sajich is Australian, I believe. Matt Edwards is the top player in New Zealand, I believe. He has played a number of pro events in the US. I've seen him play on streams - good player but no threat to win this event, IMO.

I don't; know if they won qualifiers over there or whether Matchroom just decided that they want the "World" pool masters to be more worldly (and get interest from those countries and sell the TV rights in Aus/NZ.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Matt Edwards is from New Zealand. He plays a lot of events internationally.

Justin Sajich is from Australia. Nearly all his games in FargoRate are from league--Diamond pool league around Sydney. At 760, though, he is the real deal.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matchroom is quite generous this year increasing Winner cheque to $25K and runner up to $13K, semifinalists get $7.5K compared to $5K last year. Just for showing up, each players get minimum $1.75K

Preliminary round
$1,750
(x8)
Last 16
$2,250
(x8)
Quarter-Finals
$3,750
(x4)
Semi-Finalists
$7,500
(x2)
Runner-up
$13,000
(x1)
Winner
$25,000

But they also shortened length of races to accommodate 8 more matches (used to be 15 matches now 23 matches). Used to be race to 8 (winners break) for all matches.
This year , Preliminary Round, Last 16 & QuarterFinals - Race to 7
Semi Finals - Race to 8
Final - Race to 9

All matches are a winner breaks format with a 30 second shot clock in operation.

Yikes, could have someone run out whole set in this format or we could see some upsets with such shorter races :D
Mastering the break on the TV table will be key. I foresee those players playing preliminary round have edge over those who start play from last 16 because of additional TV match they play.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6hrs ahead so 7am central.

Hopefully theres some link available. I saw a daily pass for maybe $9, but unable to buy.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to put down anyone at the expo. All great pros but the field is really lacking because of this event this year. I recognize few names in the pro tournament

Well the lady in charge made a reply to someone on Facebook about the scheduling and said she had never heard of the Expo :eek:

If you think that men's line up is missing some peeps, you ought to check out the women's "pro" event. :rotflmao1:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I just signed up for DAZN for a month (about $20) and went to their schedule for tomorrow (the schedule was not available without signing up). I find nothing about the World Pool Masters or any other pool event.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Race to 7 with 30 second shot clock to the Semi Finals....I'm going with Filler on 1 side of the bracket, and Shaw on the other.