Do this Drill on Video and win 50$

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

there is currently a contest on my channel, where people have to perform a drill on video. The first one who sends me their attempt will win a 50$ Amazon Gift Card.

https://youtu.be/CNgzp__DbV0

Thought I share it here with you aswell in case someone wants to attempt it :)

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A real tough drill. I’m looking forward to giving this one a go. I love your drills! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been watching you for a little while, good quality and informative content. Thanks for your contribution.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharivari...Love your content, and admire your table skills, as well as your video editing (which is top shelf imo)! Thanks for sharing!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

playonepocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharivari... admire your table skills, as well as your video editing (which is top shelf imo)!

Yeah his "video editing" is top notch. Almost...

If you pay careful attention you'll notice he moved the cue ball between shots on the 6-7-8.

Reminds me of the Mike Sigel "How to run a 100 balls" video where he doctors the photage after a missed break ball.

https://m.imgur.com/a/ZbyyiY8

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... If you pay careful attention you'll notice he moved the cue ball between shots on the 6-7-8. ...
No, I don't think the cue ball was moved. The confusion comes from the fact that the area boundaries are not real lines. They are drawn in the editing. From the end of the table, the ball looks completely out of the required area, but from the side it looks in.

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you pay careful attention you'll notice he moved the cue ball between shots on the 6-7-8.

Reminds me of the Mike Sigel "How to run a 100 balls" video where he doctors the photage after a missed break ball.

https://m.imgur.com/a/ZbyyiY8

Maybe I am a little late. No, I didn't move the cue ball and would never do such a thing. But you're actually not the first one who said that. I already uploaded the uncutted footage the next day to prove it:

https://youtu.be/XySGJVOSI9U

Yes Bob, that was the main problem why people got confused. I drew the line too far uptable.

-

Thanks Scott :)

Last edited:

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
Someone said:

Bob said:
The confusion comes from the fact that the area boundaries are not real lines. They are drawn in the editing.

Sharivari said:
No, I didn't move the cue ball and would never do such a thing.
Thanks for taking the time to publish pool content. Unfortunately, it's true that no good deed goes unpunished. Don't sweat the haters. There's always someone out there that will try to pull you down to make themselves look better.

You're videos are great and there are tons of us that appreciate the effort and won't bash you for trying. Keep up the good work!

-td

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed this the first go around. Good stuff, I look forward to my next trip so I have something to look at on the plane.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharivari love your stuff.

If a guy with a user name Cleary posts a video of him blowing this drill out of the water, be very suspicious. :rotflmao:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not doing nothing for only $50.00 prize, too much effort, for poor return.
Do you actually feel that you could do the drill without Cleary's help?

But I think it would be fairer to do it as a competition rather than a challenge. $300 for best, $200 for second, $100 for third, with video evidence untouched by any videographer in NYC.:)

Last edited:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for taking the time to publish pool content. Unfortunately, it's true that no good deed goes unpunished. Don't sweat the haters. There's always someone out there that will try to pull you down to make themselves look better.

You're videos are great and there are tons of us that appreciate the effort and won't bash you for trying. Keep up the good work!

-td

tap tap tap!!!!

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tap tap tap!!!!

The last few levels where you made the area very small is not a good drill IMO, reason being is that the position for a specific "particular" ball is very narrow and small which is not ideal even in a real match gameplay.

I would not play that position even if I wanted to, and if I did get there by mistake I'd be mad at myself, so the position itself is not really good so why would I try to get there in a drill? also, there's the problem for right-handed or left-handed people depending on the shot itself, which makes even the area where you want to be narrower, then again you can think about that narrow area and its own angle, again, not ideal to go to the next shot.

for all these reasons I am not going to attempt this drill as I don't think this will help me, i feel it is a counterproductive drill.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last few levels where you made the area very small is not a good drill IMO, reason being is that the position for a specific "particular" ball is very narrow and small which is not ideal even in a real match gameplay.

I would not play that position even if I wanted to, and if I did get there by mistake I'd be mad at myself, so the position itself is not really good so why would I try to get there in a drill? also, there's the problem for right-handed or left-handed people depending on the shot itself, which makes even the area where you want to be narrower, then again you can think about that narrow area and its own angle, again, not ideal to go to the next shot.

for all these reasons I am not going to attempt this drill as I don't think this will help me, i feel it is a counterproductive drill.

Well, maybe you can put out some videos for us to critique, look forward to it.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Hey guys,

there is currently a contest on my channel, where people have to perform a drill on video. The first one who sends me their attempt will win a 50$ Amazon Gift Card.

https://youtu.be/CNgzp__DbV0

Thought I share it here with you aswell in case someone wants to attempt it :)

I like you content.:)

I like drills too, but I won't be attempting this one. Like another person allready has said, at it's highest level I think it's counter productive. Might be fun, but not really stuff that I feel I need to practise right now. I'm sure others on here will try it though.

Best of luck with your channel. I know many people at my pool hall watch it, because every time you have a new video out, they try to set up what they have watched and go on and on about it. Your channel will become tremendously successful.

Last edited:

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very relevant too necessary cue ball too cushion play in this brave new world of billiards.
The next step, to start, is the required catch of 2 cushions to be in play on the object ball.

Place the cue ball on the spot where it looks like the 2 boxed areas border, then,
lag it in play to of your choice of a boxed object ball lays to be had.
You have 2 minutes to get out. You can have a miss and shoot again if you're in play,
if not or miss again you're done, score it and move on to next rack...

American Four Ball (revised for our new era)
you'll want to get use to it...:wink:

...I just couldn't help myself,
with the 4 balls being so challenging.
oh' designate one of the 4 as a separate bet if made last pays.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe I am a little late. No, I didn't move the cue ball and would never do such a thing. But you're actually not the first one who said that. I already uploaded the uncutted footage the next day to prove it:

https://youtu.be/XySGJVOSI9U

Yes Bob, that was the main problem why people got confused. I drew the line too far uptable.

-

Thanks Scott :)

Sharivari,

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand why anyone would complain about someone offering free $$$ for doing something we are supposedly here to do as a hobby and for free.

Your a better man than I. If it was me, the nit naysayers would be put on ignore so fast their heads would spin.

I hear all the .......NITS......say:

"I can't find action"......or....
........"I have to give up the nuts to get a game"....or...
................""players don't have enough heart to gamble these days"....

.....and the sad part is...lol... that most of the players that say that stuff aren't very strong players to begin with.

I've never seen your vids before today unless I'm misremembering.

I would in no way ever say I'm not doing it for $50 cause it's not worth my time.....lol....yeah right.

Even Efren, Earl and (___________<<<<<insert any pro's name) goes to the table and hits balls just because it's fun (in their blood) to them at times.

I guess the folks that say it's not this or that are a lot better than we thought.

It's a good thing Efren retired before they had a chance to run him over.

****on a side note, I just had surgery and I'm flat of my back****

I will attempt your drill as soon as I'm physically able.

Sharivari, again...I don't understand their thought process.

Thank you sir for spending your time the way you do.

I'm glad I found your stuff. Being laid up in bed would be brutal without something to watch or read that is of interest.

Thanks,

Jeff