rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
37 super senior spots left as of today, counting the days to the expo. :D

ronlovespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to go I've never been to a big tournament like this before. Who has been there before, how did you do?

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to go I've never been to a big tournament like this before. Who has been there before, how did you do?

It's awesome, I have never won money (choker) but played the money round a couple times. It draws great players from across the USA, Canada, and some from Europe. You play on 7ft diamonds. You will not regret going.
Good Luck,
Ray

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Ron,

Been very fortunate to be in the finals the last two years I played. GREAT competition. Don't let the fact all the players are 65 and over fool you. There are some really wiley old codgers still playing. Starts Saturday morning. Even if you are not fortunate enough to win, the cue exhibition, the pro pool events and some just awesome playing are still available to view.

I'll be there. Just look for the really old guy with the dark glasses and the tapper. Wait a minute. That description fits us all ;) .

Lyn

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
***** Super Seniors / sold out *****

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I'm curious why this year is capped off at 128, when the website mentioned last year was 160?

http://superbilliardsexpo.com/super-seniors.html
FIELD SIZE:
Up to 128 Players
As the event draws near, field size subject to change due to time and space restraints. We do our best to accommodate as many players as possible. Last year this event was opened up to allow 160 players.

For those who missed out, Seniors division is still open!

***** Super Seniors / sold out *****

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I'm curious why this year is capped off at 128, when the website mentioned last year was 160?

http://superbilliardsexpo.com/super-seniors.html
FIELD SIZE:
Up to 128 Players
As the event draws near, field size subject to change due to time and space restraints. We do our best to accommodate as many players as possible. Last year this event was opened up to allow 160 players.

For those who missed out, Seniors division is still open!

Hunter,

In 2012, the field was opened to 157. In 2013 and 2014, the field was limited to 128. Don't think Allen remembered to change the entry information.

One thing that hasn't changed was the percentage of paid out entry fees. In 2012, there was 157 entries at $50. Total prize fund $7850. Allen paid out $8000. 2013 had 128 entries at $50. A total prize fund of $6400, Allen paid out $6700! In 2014 with the same number of entries, the pay out increased to $6800! Anyone want to complain?

Thanks Allen and staff. You folks do a great job. Yes, from time to time there are problems. Not always happy with the results but..... No one does a better job. NO ONE! My hat's off to you folks.

Lyn

future757

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hunter,

In 2012, the field was opened to 157. In 2013 and 2014, the field was limited to 128. Don't think Allen remembered to change the entry information.

One thing that hasn't changed was the percentage of paid out entry fees. In 2012, there was 157 entries at $50. Total prize fund $7850. Allen paid out $8000. 2013 had 128 entries at $50. A total prize fund of $6400, Allen paid out $6700! In 2014 with the same number of entries, the pay out increased to $6800! Anyone want to complain?

Thanks Allen and staff. You folks do a great job. Yes, from time to time there are problems. Not always happy with the results but..... No one does a better job. NO ONE! My hat's off to you folks.

Lyn

Ever done the math on the amateur open prize money?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Ever done the math on the amateur open prize money?

Seeing as you asked, I have. Here's the info. 2014 had 819 entries at $50 each (remember the $25 registration fee) equals $40,900. Add up all the player payouts and you come up with $41,700!!!! Do you have a problem with Allen adding an additional $800 to the prize fund? I don't. The $25 registration fee covers his expenses and green fees. Pretty cheap in my view. I played over one hundred racks over four days. Also walked the incredible exhibition area that Allen charges $20 per day to visit. Best value in pool!!!! Did cost me a bunch though. Finally ordered my JB Case. Now have to wait nearly three months. Glad I won enough to cover the cost!

Lyn

future757

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seeing as you asked, I have. Here's the info. 2014 had 819 entries at $50 each (remember the $25 registration fee) equals $40,900. Add up all the player payouts and you come up with $41,700!!!! Do you have a problem with Allen adding an additional $800 to the prize fund? I don't. The $25 registration fee covers his expenses and green fees. Pretty cheap in my view. I played over one hundred racks over four days. Also walked the incredible exhibition area that Allen charges $20 per day to visit. Best value in pool!!!! Did cost me a bunch though. Finally ordered my JB Case. Now have to wait nearly three months. Glad I won enough to cover the cost!

Lyn

My only issue is I don't remember ever seeing it posted that $25 of the $75 is a registration fee but I could be wrong and with 819 entries that's over $20k in registration fees. It's a great tournament but also a great business for Hopkins

future757

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And when $20k is taken out as registration fees I wouldn't exactly brag about $800 added in a $40k prize fund event

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great event bought cues to support pool

And when $20k is taken out as registration fees I wouldn't exactly brag about $800 added in a $40k prize fund event

I donated my 75 bucks by signing up for seniors but got back more in other benefits!

There were great pool venders , as well as amateur , and pro play for 4 days !
No extra fee for pros events spectators how about whining about that ?
how about pro carom ,one pocket and ladies events ?
How about the free junior tournament to support the new generation?
Enough complaining already !
How about the free parking ,tailgating , carpeting ,and the porta johns for extra needs !
How about the free event admission for players after you paid you75?
How about that tap event huge?
How about seeing all those great players at the various vender booths for you to interact with?

Allen and staff
I had the best time ever at a event even though I lost first round!

There are so many positives I am spinning my head!
the oak/valley forge area is a awesome safe area!

Expo area is building up with brand new reasonable restaurants and hotels nearby!
This was the first time back here and tap as well as the pit area were alive with pool watching action !

I played in scotch double mini tap event and took home a quick 100bucks!
Tap had a sold out dream team handicap event that had a 15k first prize wow!
the pro am was up close and personable event as usual!

I can see SBE as the event of the year now and better things are coming !

appreciate Allen Hopkins ,Allen Jr and their staff knowing how to run a pool event!

Oh got a great Predator on hands demo on a BK3 and 314-3 went to omega got a nice price and bought both!
lets support our pool promoters ,pros and venders

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Who do you think pays to have the 200 or so tables brought in? Who pays the rent to the GPCC for the use of the building? Who paid to have a FREE pro event? The $25 per entry per play did. Personally think Allen should make a Million Dollars every year. Perhaps he would have two events for us to play in. One can only dream! IMHO, you're spending too much time thinking about things that are not our business. Think of what a great job Allen and his staff do every year and what a great event we have available! Would you be happier if SBE didn't exist?

Lyn

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who do you think pays to have the 200 or so tables brought in? Who pays the rent to the GPCC for the use of the building? Who paid to have a FREE pro event? The $25 per entry per play did. Personally think Allen should make a Million Dollars every year. Perhaps he would have two events for us to play in. One can only dream! IMHO, you're spending too much time thinking about things that are not our business. Think of what a great job Allen and his staff do every year and what a great event we have available! Would you be happier if SBE didn't exist?

Lyn

Amen, Cardiac. Lost in the first round but left and came back in a couple times a day. Great event. Great to be around so many players of such diverse backgrounds. Got very little sleep as the action in the local rooms was incredible and non stop.

sprben83

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was my first time there. Had no idea what to expect. Most of the time was stuck doing team play, had teams for for eight and nine ball. Took second for nine ball in the championship board. Really wish I had more time to go to the money room or to just roam around. Overall it was a great experience and I'm excited for next year. First time seeing pros play in a tournament too. Seen the occasional straggler walk in to a pool hall but never all in one place.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
It was my first time there. Had no idea what to expect. Most of the time was stuck doing team play, had teams for for eight and nine ball. Took second for nine ball in the championship board. Really wish I had more time to go to the money room or to just roam around. Overall it was a great experience and I'm excited for next year. First time seeing pros play in a tournament too. Seen the occasional straggler walk in to a pool hall but never all in one place.

Even some of us "old timers" forget a TAP event is taking place along with SBE. Hope you had a great time. Perhaps next year you and some of your friends can join us "up front" :D . Please be sure to let Allen Hopkins know your feelings. TAP is a big part of what makes the event so HUGE.

Lyn