Jason Shaw, classless?

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watched the day two match last nite between SBV and Shaw. I realize there is a little history between them but, celebrating during the match, and.even before completing a game seems to me to be classless. Then after the match celebrating as if Europe won the cup. Classless! What are your opinions.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Shaw is a very emotional player, he is also very talented at the game. In many ways he can evoke fear from his opponents and their fans with his ability to make the game look so easy and then he has a way of rubbing it in.

Jason can do or be anything he wants but classless or not he is a part of the game and he makes this sport interesting and better.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watched the day two match last nite between SBV and Shaw. I realize there is a little history between them but, celebrating during the match, and.even before completing a game seems to me to be classless. Then after the match celebrating as if Europe won the cup. Classless! What are your opinions.
I think he's a colossal a^*wipe myself. Great player that seems to go to great lengths to come-off as a douchebag. Just sayin. ;)

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw is a very emotional player, he is also very talented at the game. In many ways he can evoke fear from his opponents and their fans with his ability to make the game look so easy and then he has a way of rubbing it in.
Jason can do or be anything he wants but classless or not he is a part of the game and he makes this sport interesting and better.
The ubiquitous "they" said the same stuff about Earl Strickland.
Grady Matthews, in his book, said Mosconi was classless in competition and would spit, curse, and throw chalk.
And now "they" say Shaw is classless too.
I would like to have seen some of those "they" people get up there with their own money and played against Shaw, Strickland, or Mosconi. Ha! Those three guys would go through the ubiquitous "they" like Sherman through Georgia
Life in a poolroom...it never changes.:thumbup:

hitman22

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He remind me of a kid i knew when i was young ..always picking his nose and ass and still does...if he is the future of pool its doomed..

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi Cup encourages that type of goofy behavior.
I thought Dennis Hatch went a little overboard last year but it’s just part of the show.
I ignored Shaw when he was winning and enjoyed his sour look when he was loosing

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Count the number of Facebook posts and forum posts discussing the gracious handshake between Kaci and Thorpe. There’s your answer.
Rivalries generate interest, and it’s easier to create a reverse fan base (I’ll cheer for anyone who’s playing THAT GUY!) than to get people genuinely interested in individual players.
The Earl comparison doesn’t fly for me because Earl never turned it off. When it was time to congratulate the US team, Shaw did so instead of complaining about the table, side pockets, cloth speed, fan noise, referee bias, lucky rolls, his cue sponsor, etc.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The way the players celebrate creates the energy that then feeds the live audience which then feeds the TV/Internet audience. If you want boring pool, watch the WPA world championship in Qatar. If you want exciting pool, watch the Mosconi Cup.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mosconi Cup encourages that type of goofy behavior.
I thought Dennis Hatch went a little overboard last year but it’s just part of the show.
I ignored Shaw when he was winning and enjoyed his sour look when he was loosing

Exactly. It’s all part of “the show”. Afterwards these guys all respect each other. And when they don’t, it’s not because of MC antics.

d576a4dfc9f7367ecda2b2ddd0222341.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tap, tap, tap. I agree!

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Wasn’t it Shaw that unscrewed for some petty BS at the DCC when he was playing SVB. He may be a great player but what TF does that even matter, if you’re a douche canoe in life it takes away from everything else. Where are the thugs these days, the guy who uncork on someone when they get out of line. It’s the same as all the folks constantly stiffing someone or pulling some shady moves. Time and time again you see the same ol clowns pulling the same ol stunts. I guess the days of someone getting pancaked on the spot are over, because the “pool player code” allows the derelicts to run amock with no consiquences.

CaleAYS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He was acting out sure. All part of the show. He was gracious when losing. Just glad Sky pulled out his match against him. Made it that much sweeter. His behavior during the 14.1 with Earl, Derby incident with Shane, and his recent racking complaints at almost every tournament bother me more. Mosconi should be a show and he made it a good one.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I'm no Shaw fan but recognize his skill. His antics can certainly get under an opponent's skin which, of course, is the reason for them in the first place. Loved Sky giving some of it back! :thumbup:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wasn’t it Shaw that unscrewed for some petty BS at the DCC when he was playing SVB. He may be a great player but what TF does that even matter, if you’re a douche canoe in life it takes away from everything else. Where are the thugs these days, the guy who uncork on someone when they get out of line. It’s the same as all the folks constantly stiffing someone or pulling some shady moves. Time and time again you see the same ol clowns pulling the same ol stunts. I guess the days of someone getting pancaked on the spot are over, because the “pool player code” allows the derelicts to run amock with no consiquences.

Didn’t SVB rake the balls and rage quit some bar table event over some petty BS when playing Deuel? I think most pool players have their moments. I try not to hold it against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to have seen some of those "they" people get up there with their own money and played against Shaw, Strickland, or Mosconi. Ha! Those three guys would go through the ubiquitous "they" like Sherman through Georgia

Life in a poolroom...it never changes.:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

I’ll play Mosconi for money right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro