$18,500 missing from prize money!

Wags

2 pocket-one pocket table
Silver Member
If I counted correctly, there are 37 byes on the 256 bracket in the US Open.
Those byes mean there is $18,500 less in the prize fund.

It'll be interesting to see who gets less money, the top finishers or the bottom finishers.

Did the ABP shoot themselves in the foot? Is the economy to blame? Is "dead money" just tired of being dead especially with seeding? Who does the ABP think funds tournaments for them?

Some thoughts, late at night.

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member

It'll be interesting to see who gets less money, the top finishers or the bottom finishers.

Did the ABP shoot themselves in the foot? Is the economy to blame? Is "dead money" just tired of being dead especially with seeding? Who does the ABP think funds tournaments for them?

There were about 15 byes tonite, probably less but will check the chart tomorrow...

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If someone-

the promoter has run the longest tournament in America (30+years)
and CONTINUALLY STALLED in player payouts for whatever reason-
In 30+ years, he hadn't figured out how to get it right.
It wasn't until the players showed some unity and said ENOUGH that anything changed.

The definition of crazy is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
I'm glad the players respect themselves enough not to eat shit anymore and stand their ground-

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Correct count

There were about 15 byes tonite, probably less but will check the chart tomorrow...

Going by the online brackets on AZ there are 219 players and 37 byes (9 in bracket1, 9 in bracket 2, 12 in bracket 3 and 7 in bracket 4) I don't know where the payout came from but that is the player count and byes as posted on AZ

Last edited:

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Reading all of the bad things that go on by being a pro player , with boycotts ,not getting payed and Bs like.That's why i'm so glad i have a real job .. I work i get paid , If i don't work i still get paied.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Blame
obama-nope_normal.jpeg

Wags

Silver Member
So-o-o-o, are you saying the ABP is the reason for not having a full field?

the promoter has run the longest tournament in America (30+years)
and CONTINUALLY STALLED in player payouts for whatever reason-
In 30+ years, he hadn't figured out how to get it right.
It wasn't until the players showed some unity and said ENOUGH that anything changed.

The definition of crazy is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result.
I'm glad the players respect themselves enough not to eat shit anymore and stand their ground-

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, just to be clear, this is a thread about how there isn't a full field, not "missing money". Given the sensitivity of player payment issues, I think it's prudent to make this clarification.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
I feel ya

It's a choice we all gotta make at some point . I am in a new line of work now and it's an act of faith at best but I can see a bright light at the end of the tunnel ,just praying it aint a train .:grin:

Reading all of the bad things that go on by being a pro player , with boycotts ,not getting payed and Bs like.That's why i'm so glad i have a real job .. I work i get paid , If i don't work i still get paied.

Wags

Silver Member
Well actually...someone is going to be missing the $18,500. Considering the Open has been maxed the last few years, to have 37 byes is pretty crazy. As I said in my OP, it will be interesting to see if it comes off the top or the bottom of the pay outs.

My question is why. And yes, indirectly the field did get robbed because of lack of entries.

I also don't believe that all the entrants understand the concept of "dead money" and the prize fund is based on it.

Well, you had me all worried about missing money only to find out it's not money that's missing but players. All of the entrants understand that the prize fund relies on turn-out. This is a pretty easy concept. Your thread title suggests the field got robbed.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This topic was named poorly. I thought it meant somebody stole 18k from the pot.

If the payouts are calculated by percent than every player in the money would be impacted.