Snapping your Cue - “I’m done!”

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I had a cajun neighbor that had never been more than twenty miles from home in his life. His boss took him along when he went to New York on business. Somebody tried to sell the bridge to Tee-Bob but fortunately he knew the guy was a crook. Tee-Bob's family already owned the Brooklyn Bridge, his uncle had bought it in WWII!

Hu

That's a funny story.

Even the best get screwed over NY landmarks. USPS recently paid $3,550,000 for Lady Liberty.

Guess they should have asked ol' Tee-Bob before printing 5,000,000,000 stamps.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I was scrolling down fixing to post something very similar when I saw you had beaten me to the draw! Great minds or just minds with the same twist? :D:D:D

Hu

You're mind might be great....mine isn't.

But...…………..it IS twisted. :grin:

Maniac

AkGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HaHa

Just because Mike and Johnny snapped it " on accident " does not mean they were not pulling hard on it. Maybe just showing off those big muscles and intense feelings. LOL

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I never blame my cue when I miss. I blame myself. If you don't believe in your cue, don't use that one. Sell it, or give it to a kid who will think more highly of it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I never blame my cue when I miss. I blame myself. If you don't believe in your cue, don't use that one. Sell it, or give it to a kid who will think more highly of it.
I believe that Sigel snapped a Sigel cue.:)

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick update:

I was right about when he snapped it. It was after he left in the parking lot. Not in a fit of anger at the table. After talking with people (myself included and this thread lol) he realizes that some days it’s just like that. He will be getting a new shaft, and likely a new cue. Thanks for the input all. This has been fun, and thanks for the few ppl who gave him real advice. All good stuff

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought my first Schon cue and I think you are probably right!
Feels pretty “robust”
I like it a lot actually, a Bob Runde with two shafts.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IDK...but SVB wears a black one and Skyler a blue one. I could go on and on, but you already know that.

At what point will we just accept pool gloves? When a large majority of players are wearing them? That day isn't far off.

Now....back to the regular thread.

Maniac
When I was teenager I wore a glove. No-one else did and others would say stuff about it even as I was beating em pretty good on the table.

30 years later almost every pro I see is wearing them. Go figure.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all seriousness, I would tell him to practice more but have fun while doing it. Everything else will come naturally, if its going to come at all. If he doesn't get as good as he hopes he will have had fun trying.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
When I was teenager I wore a glove. No-one else did and others would say stuff about it even as I was beating em pretty good on the table.

30 years later almost every pro I see is wearing them. Go figure.

More than 30 years ago, I saw a money game in an room with no AC....
...the best player was using a $1 bill to line his closed bridge.

On the main subject....I know two world-class snooker players who’ve probably broke
50 or 60 cues between them while learning their craft....
...we gotta look at life through our own eyes....I never had that problem.

I guess I would’ve broke a cue if I’d found one that gambled.....:)