I haven't play for a long time. What do I do?

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Okay, I been in the army for awhile, didn't play for like 3 to 4 years. Now I back, with a new cue, and really missing the game, and I want to be as good as I were. What do I do to get back for my game?

Do I practice alone for how many hours a day/week?
Do I Play with semi-level players for how long until I jump to the new level?
Do I Play with really good players?
Do I play with none-good player?

It's really annoying as I don't really know what I should do. I have this real life friend, he doesn't know shit about pool. He just put his hands and shoots. missing 1000 balls in 1 game. I don't think playing him will help me get my skills back? Does it. and When I go play a really good skilled players who were my friends back when i used to play tournoments. but now they really good, and I'm not. back in the day I used to beat them too. But now, i don't know there is a chance, do you think I should play them? I won't be giving as much as they will give. but I dunno.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
I would practice for a while then go back and play with the guys you used to play, at that skill level, it will come back but I think you will need that push from the skilled players to get there, best of luck!

Dave D

Registered
I've been trying to figure this out myself. I took 30 years away from the game. I came back about 2 years ago because a new pool room opened about 2 blocks from my house and I had cataract surgery with a lens implant. I actually can see better than I did 30 years ago. At first, it was terrible, but now, on occasion, I can shoot something like I used to. However, I am very inconsistent. I'm retired so I can shoot often, but, I can't really shoot by myself for very long without losing concentration so that solo practice doesn't seem to be very productive. I usually will shoot with anybody that's willing, but, I think shooting with players as good or better than me makes me shoot better. I guess the key is to shoot as often as you can.

Dave

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
The best thing to do is just jump back in the fire......I know a guy who will play you for some dough......he goes by ceasar morales.:eek: ;) :D