bringing your own set of pool balls

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious as to how many people bring their own set of pool balls to use.
I keep a full set in my locker for one hole or 14:1.

rellek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I try to take my balls to the pool hall when I go, if I can get them out of my wife's purse.:D

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup......Sure.......Why Not......Absolutely!

This photo should provide you with my answer to your query about pool balls.

I also make it a point to always have a new set of Centennials as a contingency.

Matt B.

Attachments

• Brunswick Centennials.jpg
    Brunswick Centennials.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 403

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious as to how many people bring their own set of pool balls to use.
I keep a full set in my locker for one hole or 14:1.
As a poolroom proprietor / owner, I wouldn't have a problem if any customers choose to bring their own set of balls in and use them. Exceptions would be if it is in a tournament or league match, in which case they need to use the same balls everyone else uses, which we provide.

I'll admit and everyone here knows that anytime I play, whether it's practicing by myself or playing with another customer, I will always pull a set of freshly polished and nearly new balls out of my office to use, and I'll put them through the polishing machine as soon as I finish the session, before I return them to my office, so they are ready to go for next time.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Luckily most of my regular pool halls have balls that are in good shape, the only one that does not has a set of Armith Pros behind the counter for regulars that ask for them.

One time I borrowed a set of Centennials from a friend to take to a place I knew had really bad balls, dinged up, dirty, old. I played a few racks and noticed that a few of the Centennials had dings in them. The pocket leather was cut open and the balls where hitting the sharp metal insides, dinging them. That was the last time I brought a set of balls with me.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I try to take my balls to the pool hall when I go, if I can get them out of my wife's purse.:D

Occasionally when we are out my wife will pat her purse...like when I am speaking to another woman...and I know exactly what she means...:embarrassed2:

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not every place has a ball polisher. If was planning on a serious game and the house balls were filthy, bringing a set of freshly polished/high quality balls would make sense.
Otherwise, if an opponent were to bring his, I would be leery since people have been known to wax the odd #s/solids & oil the even #s/stripes (or vice versa). They look the same, but play quite differently.

Bigbaby987

Registered
But that's kind of a disservice to yourself.

You own balls play differently from the room's balls, no?

To a degree you’re right. I play on mud rocks just fine but it’s much nicer to have great playing set when in practice or playing for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not every place has a ball polisher. If was planning on a serious game and the house balls were filthy, bringing a set of freshly polished/high quality balls would make sense.
Otherwise, if an opponent were to bring his, I would be leery since people have been known to wax the odd #s/solids & oil the even #s/stripes (or vice versa). They look the same, but play quite differently.

A guy tried that crap on me lately. It cost a couple games in first set.

When I realized what was happening, I didn't let him know that I knew. Lol....i then robbed him. That's not the first time I've known of someone doing that.

Your right, they play very differently. I should have known something was up when he wanted to hire an onlooker to do all the racking.

One banks berry long and the other, depending......can bank wayyy short.

In my case, the solids banks so short it was crazy and the stripes banks equally off but long.

Rake