scruggs with engraving

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i found a plain jane scruggs online , somewhere ive looked so much and ive closed the window and will have to thru history to find it . seemed like good price til i read

some had their intitals put on the butt , 3 letters S - W I THINK , cant rememer really but was 3 letters . how much does that take away from value ? its an 8oties model . plain plane jane .

was gonna buy til i saw that. :angry:

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i found a plain jane scruggs online , somewhere ive looked so much and ive closed the window and will have to thru history to find it . seemed like good price til i read

some had their intitals put on the butt , 3 letters S - W I THINK , cant rememer really but was 3 letters . how much does that take away from value ? its an 8oties model . plain plane jane .

Doesn't hurt the value at all if your names Shawn Wilkie

MANPUSS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Doesn't hurt the value at all if your names Shawn Wilkie

who is that ? im gonna find it now grr

description

All original EARLY Scruggs cue
59" 50/50 split
Very Curly Maple forearm
Very Curly Maple butt sleeve
White with green specs Irish linen wrap
Black phenolic joint collars with small maple block ringwork
1.5" Delrin butt cap with initials of S.D.W. engraved on the backside SAME FONT AS HIS TS S.D.W
SS joint and 5/16x14 pin
Butt is 29.5" & 16.44oz
Shaft 1 is 29.5" & 3.68oz
Ferrule 1 is LBM & 13.1mm
Shaft 2 is 29.5" & 3.66oz
Ferrule 2 is LBM & 13.1mm

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
The cue is on Billiard's Bill site.

I know because he is selling the cue for me.

I don't know who the initial's are, nor do I (or did) care. I was only selling the cue to make up for the money spent on my daughters wedding.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Wow Tony, that is one sharp cue. The wood is amazing.

Dumping an old widow to for a new bride.

You're a good Pops. Good luck with the sale.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
When I was collecting cues, a initials stamp on the buttcap didn't bother me at all. Sometimes it adds to the history and story. The only real concern is if the original owner filed a police report that the cue was stolen. A replacement buttcap with sleeve refinish is around $75 if it bothers you.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet S.D.W. never thought he was going to sell the Scruggs:)

I agree, an initial wouldn't bother me, especially if it was put on by the original cue maker. You could even make up a fib, "I beat SDW so bad in a game, he had to give me his most prized possession because he was out of cash"

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member

It’s a Scruggs. There’s a finite supply. Buy it and play with it before I do.

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
I bought a Black Boar that had a large A engraved nicely on the butt... an old four pointer but one of the nicer ones. It didn't bother me at all. Probably because my last name just happens to start with A. LOL.

I've owned a few cues with initials engraved on somewhere. It's never been a problem for most that I have seen.

R,

Greg