Another "Learn To See" benefit......

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the beautiful aspects of learning the CTE method of precise aiming for pool shooting is this...
When a player learns CTE Pro One... and after a lengthy session, if he should begin to experience a little eye fatigue (which usually shows up by missing a few easy shots), the player can easily switch off into Basic CTE Manual Pivoting and give the eyes a little rest.
Shortly he will be right back in the groove again and can shift smoothly back into CTE Pro One.
The ability to do this is so much more superior to convoluted fractional methods, invisible lines, or contact point methods. All of which are ideas that have outlived their usefulness.
Of course simpletons who have been untrained in how to correctly use the eyes for playing pool do not understand what this means. They believe that "everyone uses their eyes to line up shots...that's no big revelation"
Their ignorance is quite profound. How to use THE EYES CORRECTLY IS A SKILL.....a skill that must be learned and rehearsed until it becomes ingrained.
"The eyes lead and the body follows" is not some trite little platitude....it is critical to gain the highest degree of efficiency at the table. :thumbup2:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the beautiful aspects of learning the CTE method of precise aiming for pool shooting is this...
When a player learns CTE Pro One... and after a lengthy session, if he should begin to experience a little eye fatigue (which usually shows up by missing a few easy shots), the player can easily switch off into Basic CTE Manual Pivoting and give the eyes a little rest.
Shortly he will be right back in the groove again and can shift smoothly back into CTE Pro One.
The ability to do this is so much more superior to convoluted fractional methods, invisible lines, or contact point methods. All of which are ideas that have outlived their usefulness.
Of course simpletons who have been untrained in how to correctly use the eyes for playing pool do not understand what this means. They believe that "everyone uses their eyes to line up shots...that's no big revelation"
Their ignorance is quite profound. How to use THE EYES CORRECTLY IS A SKILL.....a skill that must be learned and rehearsed until it becomes ingrained.
"The eyes lead and the body follows" is not some trite little platitude....it is critical to gain the highest degree of efficiency at the table. :thumbup2:
I hop in this quagmire from time-to-time just to see the lunacy level. I have a question and its not meant as a "shot", i'm just curious: Why do you you spend so much time/effort trying to push your belief/love of CTE? If it works for you and you like it that's great. I just don't get the need to try to force-feed it to everyone else. Why get so defensive if someone knocks it? BTW, i use parts of it myself. I don't like some of it so those aspects i just disregard.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hop in this quagmire from time-to-time just to see the lunacy level. I have a question and its not meant as a "shot", i'm just curious: Why do you you spend so much time/effort trying to push your belief/love of CTE? If it works for you and you like it that's great. I just don't get the need to try to force-feed it to everyone else. Why get so defensive if someone knocks it? BTW, i use parts of it myself. I don't like some of it so those aspects i just disregard.
Well that sounds like some reasonable questions, I will try to answer in a reasonable way.
1. I spend time promoting CTE for the exact same reason 4-5 of the (what I refer to as "pool scientists") spend so much time promoting their belief/love for fractions, invisible lines. ghost balls, and 'just see the shot'.( Equal opportunity in cheerleading, you know.:)) And finally, Stan Shuffett is a friend of mine. He is a decent honorable family man, and is a terrific instructor and player. I do not like seeing him get hit with unfounded verbal abuse from those I refer to as simpletons.
2. As for defensive postures, there is NOBODY as defensive as members of the fraction and just see the shot crew. Take a swipe at their beloved ideas and they go berserk about how "stupid/crazy/lunatic fringe anyone is who believes in CTE". And that has been going on for 15 years.
3.There is no such thing as "force feed". If anyone doesn't like the method all they have to do is ignore everything about it and let it go at that. The editorial comments from some of the critics are over the top, I think. (Although most are based on pure ignorance)
4. Finally, there are many players who have a beautiful stroke and have never been able to catch on to a method for precision aiming. I was one of those. No lesser player than the great Willie Mosconi told me that he could not understand how I was missing simple shots since my stance, alignment, and stroke, in his opinion was flawless. Billy Johnson, Danny Jones, Joe Cosgrove, and Don Watson all said the same thing...(I have been around this game for a long, long, time). Through a process of elimination that left only aiming to deal with. CTE cured all that.
5.There are countless players out there who can benefit from the same thing...but they won't accomplish it by swallowing outdated half-truths and BS from writers who's goals are anything but altruistic.
I guess that's about it.
Thank you for asking in an intelligent, calm, way.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Stan , if someone does a system that's not yours better than you or anyone who uses cte or pro1, why would they wanna try something else? Shane is one of the best, are you saying he's doing it all wrong. Lets put Shane aside, there's a bunch and I mean a bunch who would give you a game you would n't like. How silly must we get.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan , if someone does a system that's not yours better than you or anyone who uses cte or pro1, why would they wanna try something else? Shane is one of the best, are you saying he's doing it all wrong. Lets put Shane aside, there's a bunch and I mean a bunch who would give you a game you would n't like. How silly must we get.

I'll deal with your little epistle quite easily.
First of all, there's a bunch and I mean a bunch of players who will give YOU a game you will not like either. So what does that prove? You guessed it...absolutely nothing.
If you or anyone else is satisfied with what they're doing in their pool game, then by all means just keep right on being satisfied. Don't change a thing...that's my advice. For those who are not satisfied, there is a better way to play the game however.
Speaking for myself, all that was ever desired by me was that if there was any gambling going on or a pool contest was taking place and somebody could win any money, I just wanted to be one of them. Being the "top gun" or the "big bad wolf" was never, ever, important.
(For no matter how good you are, there's always somebody out there who is better. It's just a matter of time until they show up.)
Why not just ignore me and be happier? It's very easy to do...believe me, I'm not spoiling for a fight. I'm scared of my own shadow.
And my name isn't Stan.:smile:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I'll deal with your little epistle quite easily.
First of all, there's a bunch and I mean a bunch of players who will give YOU a game you will not like either. So what does that prove? You guessed it...absolutely nothing.
If you or anyone else is satisfied with what they're doing in their pool game, then by all means just keep right on being satisfied. Don't change a thing...that's my advice. For those who are not satisfied, there is a better way to play the game however.
Speaking for myself, all that was ever desired by me was that if there was any gambling going on or a pool contest was taking place and somebody could win any money, I just wanted to be one of them. Being the "top gun" or the "big bad wolf" was never, ever, important.
(For no matter how good you are, there's always somebody out there who is better. It's just a matter of time until they show up.)
Why not just ignore me and be happier? It's very easy to do...believe me, I'm not spoiling for a fight. I'm scared of my own shadow.
And my name isn't Stan.:smile:

I would agree with you , there is a lot of people who can beat me, no big deal, i dont do it for a living.

What's getting old is your constant berating of other approaches an at the same time giving the pitch as pro1 as the holy grail.

Stan ...low...Stan...whom ever, sometimes saying to much does more harm then good. Constant post(by the same person) on how wonderful pro1 is may entice some, but for most its nothing more then a sales pitch, ain't buying it.

Low , you act like its help you out so much, why not show your skills, could help your cause.

I know why you dont though.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree with you , there is a lot of people who can beat me, no big deal, i dont do it for a living.
What's getting old is your constant berating of other approaches an at the same time giving the pitch as pro1 as the holy grail.
Stan ...low...Stan...whom ever, sometimes saying to much does more harm then good. Constant post(by the same person) on how wonderful pro1 is may entice some, but for most its nothing more then a sales pitch, ain't buying it.
Low , you act like its help you out so much, why not show your skills, could help your cause.
I know why you dont though.
This will be my last post to you, Anthony. I see you're spoiling for a fight and I won't participate.
If "it is getting old" to you, just stop reading it. Put me on ignore and that will be the end of that. In spite of the efforts of the democrats, you still have that freedom left, you know.
As for you "ain't buying it"....Anthony,You don't have to buy anything. Just be happy doing what you do. However, there are still a number of pro players using CTE now as well as top amateurs in the country who have all proven their skills in tournaments. The top amateur with more wins in the US Amateur Tournament than anyone in history uses CTE and is a certified instructor of it. Should he stop using and teaching it because YOU think what you think? Test your skills against his and come back to reality. You're getting very obsessive knocking it like the main characters in here have for over two decades.
Nothing I do, no matter how "gooder" I get, no matter what any CTE user does, none of it will help you. I've already made you aware of how ashamed I am of my meager skill level. Nobody with a brain wants to see a video of someone like me shooting.
If you don't see value and proof from the way Stan Shuffett plays, Landon Shuffett,
Tyler Styer, Matt Krah, Stevie Moore, Dave Stem (amateur) and other pro players and top amateurs, little ole me ain't gonna' do anything to change your mind.
So how about you just forget about CTE already and go on with your life and be happy ??
By the way, Anthony, you've already been defeated badly by a CTE user and you didn't even know it. Played any strangers lately, Anthony? Think about that one.....
:eek::)
Byeeeeeeee.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
This will be my last post to you, Anthony. I see you're spoiling for a fight and I won't participate.
If "it is getting old" to you, just stop reading it. Put me on ignore and that will be the end of that. In spite of the efforts of the democrats, you still have that freedom left, you know.
As for you "ain't buying it"....Anthony,You don't have to buy anything. Just be happy doing what you do. However, there are still a number of pro players using CTE now as well as top amateurs in the country who have all proven their skills in tournaments. The top amateur with more wins in the US Amateur Tournament than anyone in history uses CTE and is a certified instructor of it. Should he stop using and teaching it because YOU think what you think? Test your skills against his and come back to reality. You're getting very obsessive knocking it like the main characters in here have for over two decades.
Nothing I do, no matter how "gooder" I get, no matter what any CTE user does, none of it will help you. I've already made you aware of how ashamed I am of my meager skill level. Nobody with a brain wants to see a video of someone like me shooting.
If you don't see value and proof from the way Stan Shuffett plays, Landon Shuffett,
Tyler Styer, Matt Krah, Stevie Moore, Dave Stem (amateur) and other pro players and top amateurs, little ole me ain't gonna' do anything to change your mind.
So how about you just forget about CTE already and go on with your life and be happy ??
By the way, Anthony, you've already been defeated badly by a CTE user and you didn't even know it. Played any strangers lately, Anthony? Think about that one.....
Byeeeeeeee.
How many of those people you mentioned were already at pro level or shortstop BEFORE they were introduced to CTE Pro 1 ?
I'd be more impressed if a C player became a B player after learning CTE.

So, by your own admission, CTE really has not elevated your game ?

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Byeeeeeeee.

I could care less how someone Aims at a ball, if he or she using cte , so what. The only thing you've ever said thats has made sense is that pool is a visual game(i think Stan may have said it) an thats just part of it.

You use pro1...I guess , but cant play a lick but sing high praises about it.

I get it now, your not really a player.

There's nothing wrong with being a cheerleader, at least your somebody.

I owe you an apology, sorry.