Identify an old Huebler

csquared373

Registered
I have an old Huebler that I got in the early 90’s. Probably looking around 1993/94 for purchase. I believe it is aPH 2 but would appreciate any help. This cue means much more from a memory stand point than monetary. Thanks in advance.
f7afa8180de3624784883795879f4ea5.jpg

4858865c2e379993267b81bcf7f305ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It shows up in the Anniversary of the Hitters, flyer AS H3.

Attachments

• IMG_1521.jpg
    IMG_1521.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,076
  • IMG_1522.jpg
    IMG_1522.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_1523.jpg
    IMG_1523.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It shows up in the Anniversary of the Hitters, flyer AS H3.

Many of the AS-H3 cues were Mexican Rosewood- I had one that I purchased in 1988- the wood used was really beautiful and I believe hard to find today. Sorry I sold mine , for value, if the cue is in very good to excellent condition they seem to sell for around $300 to $400 Those cues played very well for a production cue.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ouch! :crying:

"Production" meaning Huebler was not a one or two man custom cue shop- no dis respect meant to the man or his cues- I think that they were very well constructed and they play well too. His cues were sold in retail billiard supply stores throughout the U.S.- I bought mine in '88 in an army/navy store in Orange Ct. that also sold billiard supplies and cues. I believe that it later became Encore billiards supplies in Ct. and may still be in operation-

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought mine in '88 in an army/navy store in Orange Ct. that also sold billiard supplies and cues. I believe that it later became Encore billiards supplies in Ct. and may still be in operation-

From that small operation, the owner's daughter created The Recreation Showroom which sold anything and everything for a man cave/family room/finished basement. In their heyday, they had locations in Orange and Danbury. They went out of business, maybe went bankrupt, I don't really know, but they reopened as Encore Billiards in Orange CT and specialize as the same recreation retailer and Olhausen dealer as they did under the name Recreation Showroom.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From that small operation, the owner's daughter created The Recreation Showroom which sold anything and everything for a man cave/family room/finished basement. In their heyday, they had locations in Orange and Danbury. They went out of business, maybe went bankrupt, I don't really know, but they reopened as Encore Billiards in Orange CT and specialize as the same recreation retailer and Olhausen dealer as they did under the name Recreation Showroom.

Yes! I bought my Huebler from the original owner, nice guy. Later, when it was Recreation Showroom - Johnny Archer and Loree Jon Jones came in one day and I played them both all day long there. There also was a guy in there that day named Tom Harris who came in and played as well- he was a cue maker from 76 to 80 in Ct. and is listed in the original Blue Book of Cues. That cue was from the Huebler Hitter series.