Best "Celibraty" Pool Player?

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think we should start some type of crossover events. Women's tennis or golf players playing pool tournaments for charity or something. I get to pick which tennis and golfers play too. Believe me, we'd earn a lot for that damn charity.

erikido

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is also the face of UFC and a very accomplished stand up comedian. Sounds like your a comedian yourself...

And for the record, from what I saw, Joe can play pretty sporty. Probably beat the 9ball ghost.

Also on one of my favorite shows(when phil hartman was on it. RIP PHIL) news radio.

King Hester

Sharp Shooter
Silver Member
I read a small article in Pool and Billiards mag about 10 years ago, Vanna White is a good shot. It said the only thing she's better at than turning letters is shooting pool. I wouldn't mind playing her sometime!:smile:

Last edited:

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Not sure who this Fatboy person is, but he sounds like a name dropper

talked with Johnny Depp the other day, was over at Wayne Newton's house, at Zsa Zsa's house. Don't know what any of that had to do with who was the best celebrity pool player, sounds like it gave you a chance to make yourself important whoever your are.

I ran into a guy from a rock group in California (Mark something)and he played lights out. The guy said he was on MTV and was touring with Metallica and Kiss. (That's the definition of a celebrity) Now we have to define a player. He was running 2's 3's (at Hardtimes) and even a 4 and played flawless safeties. The sets he was playing were $500 and 1000 15 years ago so it wasn't chump change for a race to 7.

He is the best celebrity pool player. I don't think they sell out stadium places anymore, but overall if you put all those celebrity people mentioned and have them bet it up, he comes out on top. Rogan doesn't even come close.

Also there are numerous NBA players who play very well and will bet it up.

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Not sure who this Fatboy person is, but he sounds like a name dropper

talked with Johnny Depp the other day, was over at Wayne Newton's house, at Zsa Zsa's house. Don't know what any of that had to do with who was the best celebrity pool player, sounds like it gave you a chance to make yourself important whoever your are.

I ran into a guy from a rock group in California (Mark something)and he played lights out. The guy said he was on MTV and was touring with Metallica and Kiss. (That's the definition of a celebrity) Now we have to define a player. He was running 2's 3's (at Hardtimes) and even a 4 and played flawless safeties. The sets he was playing were $500 and 1000 15 years ago so it wasn't chump change for a race to 7.

He is the best celebrity pool player. I don't think they sell out stadium places anymore, but overall if you put all those celebrity people mentioned and have them bet it up, he comes out on top. Rogan doesn't even come close.

I don't think Eric (Fatboy) really needs to drop names. From my understanding, others drop his name quite a bit.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I ran into a guy from a rock group in California (Mark something)and he played lights out. .... He was running 2's 3's (at Hardtimes) and even a 4 and played flawless safeties.

Rogan doesn't even come close.

Mark is here on the forum and you are right, Rogan doesn't want to play him for$.

NBA players that 'bet it up'...all a matter of perspective!

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know english probably isn't your first language OP, but you don't need to put celebrity in quotation marks because you're not quoting someone, it's not a literal title, name, or a speech.

BTW Jerry Orbach from Law and Order is probably one of the best celeb pool players around. Mark Twain was also a pretty solid player, and i've heard of some other actors that weren't that bad either (but have been brought up several times in similar threads.)

tedkaufman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Dave Letterman is a good player. Somewhere I heard he has a high run in the 60-80 range.

Orbach, I saw shoot several times at Chelsea Billiards. He was okay, but hardly a good player. He was a really nice guy, though; fun to be around.

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
I know that Rogan had his show and got his press, but the game is really not that close, I mean it's not the 7 far apart, but it's not that close, especially for the cash. Mark is a seasoned gambler. But I guess in all fairness it was asked who the best pool player was and again in all fairness Mark is the best celebrity pool player and the best gambler celebrity pool player.

Mark is here on the forum and you are right, Rogan doesn't want to play him for$.

NBA players that 'bet it up'...all a matter of perspective!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know that Rogan had his show and got his press, but the game is really not that close, I mean it's not the 7 far apart, but it's not that close, especially for the cash. Mark is a seasoned gambler. But I guess in all fairness it was asked who the best pool player was and again in all fairness Mark is the best celebrity pool player and the best gambler celebrity pool player.

You're talking about Mark Kendall, the lead guitarist for Great White. He is a good player, B+ to A- speed. I love my man Joe but he is not the same speed as Mark. Manny Paquiao is a decent player, but also a speed or two under Mark. I used to play Jerry Orbach in New York before he was famous. We called him Jerry "The Actor" around the poolroom. He was one of the guys we LOOKED for if you know what I mean. A damn nice guy though!

driven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
good thread thx.
Wasn't there a baseball player who did some events? Kirby Pucket maybe.
Not sure. anyway I always wanted to get a game with Jackie g.
Fatboy, damn.
steven

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I gave a series of lessons to the person who bought Woody Allen's townhouse in Manhattan. He was thrilled that he got Woody to leave the pool table and equipment. He said everything was just the way Woody left it. I was impressed when I saw Simonis 860, the well cared for house cues and the way the chalk was worn flat --- and the Centennial balls. The new resident told me that Woody was an avid player. Judging by what he left behind, I believe it.

I can't remember Joe Rogan's game, so with that in mind, the best celebrity player I'd ever seen was Jerry Orbach. That man could play and he understood the game. Paul Sorvino came in a close second.

Friends who I knew that used to hang out with Jackie Gleason told me that he was just a fair player with a big ego. After he made it in show biz, he'd occasionally come back to the old neighborhood to hang out with the guys for a night and shoot pool. They used to let him win because he'd throw a temper tantrum if he didn't. And he always stuck them with the table time and never even sprang for a cup of coffee.
BS meter is off the chart

9BallPaul

Banned
FranCrimi;3244095 Friends who I knew that used to hang out with Jackie Gleason told me that he was just a fair player with a big ego. After he made it in show biz said:
Yeah. A fair player who would have happily removed the cabbage from your wallet, given the chance. Sheesh!

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear that David Peat guy bets high. Which of the named celebrity players would play Dave for the cash?

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
I hear that David Peat guy bets high. Which of the named celebrity players would play Dave for the cash?

lol, Dippy a CELEB? Not really....go outside of the poker world, and even a small faction of the pool world and ask if someone knows who David Peat is. Hell, I think a majority of folks in my local poolhall wouldn't know a good number of TOP players right now, let alone who Dippy is.:rolleyes:

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, Dippy a CELEB? Not really....go outside of the poker world, and even a small faction of the pool world and ask if someone knows who David Peat is. Hell, I think a majority of folks in my local poolhall wouldn't know a good number of TOP players right now, let alone who Dippy is.:rolleyes:

Then he's probably eligible to be on next season's Dancing with the Stars 'cause God knows we all know who those folks are.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Then he's probably eligible to be on next season's Dancing with the Stars 'cause God knows we all know who those folks are.

never seen it...only heard there are usually ex-NFLers involved (cuz I listen to ESPN radio).

I guess celebrity is in the eye of the beholder though (since I figure that's what you are referring to). I have no idea who this good playing guitarist is, so he wouldn't really fall into the celebrity category for me either....

He may have played in a band that sold millions (?) of records, but his name doesn't ring a bell like, say, an Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana, etc. I wonder if Nugent can shoot pool? He likes to shoot just about anything else :p