One Pocket is so slow....

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Sometimes the best ones just fall from the sky:

10-17-2016, 07:34 PM

There is not going to be one (a 1P dinner) this coming DCC, but we are planning to bring it back January 2018, which will also be the 20th Derby City Classic. That gives us about 15 months to get it together.

Thank you Angel for your enthusiasm.

1pocket is Steve Booth

Jeff Livingston

PS As I read down that thread, someone beat me to it.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one pocket is so slow that I read all 300+ posts in this thread twice on my phone while watching a game and waiting for the first shot after the break.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
when molasses are talking to each other they say
you are slower than one pocket games
:grin-square:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not play one pocket........I do not even watch one pocket matches......I'd rather enjoy a nap
which seems unavoidable if I were to watch one pocket being played......B O R I N G....and my
best friend loves the game......go figure.......to each their own.....and mine sure isn't one pocket.

Matt B.

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow, it separates the mental giants from the hammer-swinging knuckle-walkers.
And that, ladies and gentlemen.... can take some time.

Lesh

:::tosses something shiny in the air::::

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, One Pocket is too slow. I find it interesting that of all the pool games, it's the one that has stood the test of time. One Pocket is virtually the only pool game where the big action occurs. It's the only pool game where you can play it well when your young and when your old. It's the only pool game where you only need one cue to play with, the only game where thinking out plays shooting, the only game where banking skills are required, and lastly where nine ball players get out of stroke.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It requires patience and strategy and great banking skills........I got 2 of the 3.

But like an unemployed physician, I just ain't got no patients....oops, patience.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I do not play one pocket........I do not even watch one pocket matches......I'd rather enjoy a nap
which seems unavoidable if I were to watch one pocket being played......B O R I N G....and my
best friend loves the game......go figure.......to each their own.....and mine sure isn't one pocket.

Matt B.

th

Jeff Livingston

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One pocket is so slowwww..
that the son of the snail you kicked across the road is knocking on your door

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
According to our local resident expert here, Jam, in the 1P HOF thread:

the One-Pocket Hall of Fame has a category called "Lifetime inaction Award."

I thought, cool. It fits.

But then I checked again and realized I had misquoted her (sorry Jennie). It should be:

the One-Pocket Hall of Fame has a category called "Lifetime in Action Award."

1P isn't THAT slow.

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm thinking of applying for the Lifetime Inertia Award....

...but i haven't made the move yet

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

I think I should be in the 1P HOF, as I've brought more players to the game via this thread than any other player in the world.

"Where are they, then," you ask?

They're coming....give 'em time.

Jeff Livingston

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

I think I should be in the 1P HOF, as I've brought more players to the game via this thread than any other player in the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You and PT need to take this stuff on the road.
Fire up the Nash Rambler!

Lesh

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You and PT need to take this stuff on the road.
Fire up the Nash Rambler!

Lesh

Yeah, I can just see me and The Chef doing stand-up one-pocket jokes...

"We'll be here all decade....and don't forget to mug the waitress."

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Yeah, I can just see me and The Chef doing stand-up one-pocket jokes...

"We'll be here all decade....and don't forget to mug the waitress."

When I did my first stand-up routine, I had on a pool-green shirt. My second joke was:'

"I'm a pool player. Do you like my shirt? I wear it when I hustle pool. Nobody suspects a thing!"

It got a chuckle.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
So, I'm watching a 1-P match late Wed night and someone comes in and yells, "Cubs win!!!!!!!"

One of the 1-P players stopped and said, "Again....so soon?"

Jeff Livingston

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I..............................................................................................................play........................................................................more.....................................................................One......................................Pocket..................................................................than.............................................................................any..............................................................other...............................game,..................................................................for.................................................................................obvious.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................reasons.

Boy,...........................................................................you.......................................................................hit.................................................this..........................................................thread..............................................................................out......................................................................of...............................................................................the.....................................................................old............................................................................ballpark,...............................................................didn't..............................................................................................you.......................................................................................cookie?