One Pocket is so slow....

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow...............

On the thread about the Frost vs Orcullo match....c-money is enjoying the match....
...but he wishes they would use an egg timer instead of an hour glass as a shot clock.

:grin:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Get your fire blanket ready for this one...cuz it's coming in hot cuzin

One pocket is so slow....frost thought he was still relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamnut

Underwater Tiger
Silver Member
I don't mind one-pocket, but I'll give it a shot:

One-pocket is so slow that before the match was finished, Scott Frost had to change his name to Scott Defrost.

Haha.
ha.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
With the Frost/Orcollo match over, I was watching Johnny Carson last night and he came up with a good one about another slow subject, but that fits here:

"Even the Titanic had the decency to sink in 2 hours."

Jeff Livingston

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the Frost/Orcollo match over, I was watching Johnny Carson last night and he came up with a good one about another slow subject, but that fits here:

"Even the Titanic had the decency to sink in 2 hours."

Jeff Livingston

whoa! Do you live in the 1980's:grin:?!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
It's not just slow, it's Torporific!!!!!!

I am re-reading my copy of Byrne's Standard book, and on p 47, he used the word, "torpid" to describe some disinterested spectators of pool shots.

I was surprised that I hadn't noted the meaning when I first read the book way back when, as I used to do. So, I got the dictionary (it's a book, for the young ones) out and looked up torpid. It means inactive, sluggish. (don't jump ahead of me here)

Directly below torpid was the word, "tor-por." It means basically the same as torpid.

But directly below that word was the best of all: "tor-por-if-ic" It means causing torpor.

It's now my new favorite word, torporific.

1-pocket is not just slow, it's Torporific!!!!!!

Jeff Livingston

PS Thanks, Bob, for once again making things real.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Overheard from the scorer's table:

"Oh crap....the pen dried up again."

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This is awesome, thanks for the link.

Dave

One pocket is so slow that a 3 day cricket match completed before a one-pocket race to 3.

One pocket is so slow.....that I saw that link from Bob Jewett in another thread...
...so I went home and made that post...I'd left a guy in a trap....
...came back a while later....and he was still chalking his cue...:rolleyes:

I knew this three ahead was going to be a long session when he showed up with his cue...
...and a full box of Master chalk....I was thinkin'...that Gross got me again...:smile:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
One pocket is so slow.....that I saw that link from Bob Jewett in another thread...
...so I went home and made that post...I'd left a guy in a trap....
...came back a while later....and he was still chalking his cue...:rolleyes:

I knew this three ahead was going to be a long session when he showed up with his cue...
...and a full box of Master chalk....I was thinkin'...that Gross got me again...:smile:

You're a cute boy!

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Let's take a moment to thank our sponsors for this 1-Pocket thread:

The United States Postal Service.

Turtle Wax

Pro-long sex creme

Please stop by and visit these places and tell 'em chef jeff sent ya.

Jeff Livingston

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I..............................................................................................................play........................................................................more.....................................................................One......................................Pocket..................................................................than.............................................................................any..............................................................other...............................game,..................................................................for.................................................................................obvious.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................reasons.

Boy,...........................................................................you.......................................................................hit.................................................this..........................................................thread..............................................................................out......................................................................of...............................................................................the.....................................................................old............................................................................ballpark,...............................................................didn't..............................................................................................you.......................................................................................cookie?

On a serious note, for a change.....Tramp, please check into AZ.
...haven't seen you for a while.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can add somniferous to the adjective list...zzzzz
I am re-reading my copy of Byrne's Standard book, and on p 47, he used the word, "torpid" to describe some disinterested spectators of pool shots.

I was surprised that I hadn't noted the meaning when I first read the book way back when, as I used to do. So, I got the dictionary (it's a book, for the young ones) out and looked up torpid. It means inactive, sluggish. (don't jump ahead of me here)

Directly below torpid was the word, "tor-por." It means basically the same as torpid.

But directly below that word was the best of all: "tor-por-if-ic" It means causing torpor.

It's now my new favorite word, torporific.

1-pocket is not just slow, it's Torporific!!!!!!

Jeff Livingston

PS Thanks, Bob, for once again making things real.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
For the dollar conscious ones here wanting to see the 1-P action in New Orleans....

Why pay for the streaming channel when you can watch the games for free on trickle.com?

Jeff Livingston