Pool Halls

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
I will be in Carmel By The Sea CA for the last half of June. Is Easy Streets in Monterey a nice pool room? Are there any other pool rooms around the area that any of you are familiar with? Reviews?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will be in Carmel By The Sea CA for the last half of June. Is Easy Street in Monterey a nice pool room? Are there any other pool rooms around the area that any of you are familiar with? Reviews?

It's the place to play in Monterey. You might catch Danny Barouty there. The last time I was there John Schmidt was giving a lesson.

There is also another room by the Aquarium (Blue Fin) but it is a more night club and less pool hall. Worth a look if you are by the Aquarium.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the place to play in Monterey. You might catch Danny Barouty there. The last time I was there John Schmidt was giving a lesson.

There is also another room by the Aquarium (Blue Fin) but it is a more night club and less pool hall. Worth a look if you are by the Aquarium.
John is sponsored by ES Billiards

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Easy Street Billiards is a good place to play. I'm not sure if the owners are veterans of the game, or are previous room owners. I think they're a couple of young fellas trying their hand at business.

I'm not sure of the brand of tables they use - not Brunswick or Diamond.

Danny Barouty is always looking for a game. Being that he's an east coast transplant, he prefers Straight Pool.but will play other games.

Going up the road toward Santa Cruz, I recommend Fast Eddy's Billiards.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$100 a month monthly unlimted play any time memberships.....and in Monterrey.......Wow, a hands down bargain fer sure.

Matt B.

Los Gatos Taki

Registered
Easy street is pretty nice. Monthly rates are $100 regular and #75 for seniors. Rate are currently $10 per hour until 6 pm and $14 after.
They just removed some 41/2 x 9 tables and replaced them with 7 foot bar type tables with 4 inch pockets. That only leaves 7 regular 9 footers. May find it difficult to get a 9 foot in the evening, so go early.
Todd and James are the owners. They recently relocated and enlarged the dart area and installed a sitting lounge. A selection of beers and wines is available and snack foods. They open for business at 1:00 pm.
Parking can be a problem on Monday thru Friday. Most close parking is limited to 1 hour or 2 hours until 6 pm. Customers tend to keep moving their cars. Unlimited free parking is available about 3 blocks away. parking tickets run about $35. May want to keep a light jacket or other near by.
Hope this helps

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... There is also another room by the Aquarium (Blue Fin) but it is a more night club and less pool hall. Worth a look if you are by the Aquarium.

"Blue Fin Cafe and Billiards" in Monterey closed around the end of August, 2017. Judging from the comments on Yelp and elsewhere, it had turned into thug central with some really nasty bouncers. It looks like the property management company had closed it for security reasons.

I think at one time Tony Annigoni was involved in running it, then it seems to have closed for a while (in 2011?) and then reopened. I played there once or twice.

Last edited: