Whatever Happened to These Guys?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first time I had ever heard or seen of Bob was on a site called Propoolvideo
I was amazed at how smooth this guy played. I believe the match I watched was in Florida. I think the site was resurrected once or twice but was finally put to rest. I watched some really good pool on that link. Another top player when the mix was right was a guy named Sparky Ferrel (I'm not sure of spelling).

In his heyday, i saw Sparky knock off a few near top guys with that wild look in his eyes. I knew his GF at the time and mentioned maybe he should 'cool it' a little with the "enhancements". She said he didnt enhance, that was him on the natch. LOL-she was misinformed.

I HEARD he got straightened out and became a Barber. I hope so. This is 5-7 year old info.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In his heyday, i saw Sparky knock off a few near top guys with that wild look in his eyes. I knew his GF at the time and mentioned maybe he should 'cool it' a little with the "enhancements". She said he didnt enhance, that was him on the natch. LOL-she was misinformed.

I HEARD he got straightened out and became a Barber. I hope so. This is 5-7 year old info.

Shuff beat him in an 8 ahead or so in a very short time a few years ago.

Hopefully he put the balance of that dose to good use. Teee...heee.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shuff beat him in an 8 ahead or so in a very short time a few years ago.

Hopefully he put the balance of that dose to good use. Teee...heee.

I was pulling for him but almost no one escapes on their first attempt. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay rougher than the 3-4 days of 'flu like symptoms' they use to talk about. Not even close.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Well in this old thread it seems that Sparky was trying to make things right. Good on him if he did and learning a trade.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=25320

mouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He went by Mike Monday here in Missouri, I think he was from Ohio but its been a bunch of years since Ive even heard his name. And I didn't know exact spelling for Pete but he used to come through here as well.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like Jay said, are you sure you are not speaking of Sam Monday? He is from NC.

I Knew Pete too, back many moons ago.

Given the age/ era differences between Pete and sam... i gotta think mike/ sam Monday are different people.

Last I heard, sammy was a guest of the state.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Given the age/ era differences between Pete and sam... i gotta think mike/ sam Monday are different people.

Last I heard, sammy was a guest of the state.

True. Thou Sam I believe is a couple years older than me, and I remember Pete very well. I was around 14-15 when Pete was making his way through our towns. He seemed to always have picked up a cue or two along his way, and would try selling them off.

I did not know the 2nd part. But nothing comes as a shock :smile:.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know if Johnny Furber is still around? He's
out of the Gainesville, Fl area. Pure hustler.....and
could play, too.

Racky BallBoa

Registered
Preacher...Don Feeney....I heard he moved to Florida

Don Feeney lives in retirement community called The Villages in Central Florida. He is the "Founding Father" of "The Villages Billiard Club" which coordinates leagues and tournaments every day of the week for the The Villages' residents. Also, Bert Kinister recently moved to the The Villages in Florida as well.

pokerplayer

Registered
I knew a player from Detroit that liked to use the name Mike Monday. His real name was Freddie Hess. Not sure what ever happen to him.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Don Feeney lives in retirement community called The Villages in Central Florida. He is the "Founding Father" of "The Villages Billiard Club" which coordinates leagues and tournaments every day of the week for the The Villages' residents. Also, Bert Kinister recently moved to the The Villages in Florida as well.

I’m glad to hear that Don Feeney is all right.

He did something at Chris’ in Chicago that deserves mention once in a while.

He ran over a hundred on a 6x12 snooker table
He ran 150 at straight pool on a 9- foot pool table
He ran over ten (I think it was 14) on a ten foot carom table

All on the same day

:bow-down:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

All on the same day

Tap Tap! He might be the only person to ever do that on the same day. Harold Worst is the only other person I can think of who may have been capable of that, but I doubt he ever attempted it.

pooljockey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny furber is still in Gainesville hustling the local auctions and wheeling dealing in the junk buisness and on ocassion still hits the local pool halls around Gainesville and Ocala Florida for some cheap one pocket action

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny furber is still in Gainesville hustling the local auctions and wheeling dealing in the junk buisness and on ocassion still hits the local pool halls around Gainesville and Ocala Florida for some cheap one pocket action

Thanks....glad to hear it, I like that dude.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member

All on the same day

He ran over all those????

Did they take away his license to drive?

Jeff Livingston