Huebler custom chess-very rare

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
This unplayed cue may go back in the safe, but I would like to sell a couple Huebler Customs, or trade to diversify my collection. I have about $2000 in the Huebler case and cue. This is not the Chess cue you see in the bluebook. In fact, I doubt you will find the budget version. Also when the bluebook was printed Paul Huebler refused to cooperate and pricing is not realistic to his most recent selling prices.
If you do a search for my recent posts or Huebler Custom you will find pictures of some of my cues. Huebler Custom cues, not production cues, I believe to be one of the best cues to speculate on. Consider what has happened to the values of many of the current cuebuilders, such as Scruggs, Southwest, Josswest, Richard Black, White and many others. Expect to pay $1500 or more for a basic used four point cue with two shafts. Not the rare versions, just the basic cue.
I would appreciate feedback for discussions about pricing. Would trade toward a Deluxe Cuesmith Lathe also.. Thanks for looking. Bob H

Attachments

• chessbutt_2.JPG
    chessbutt_2.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 2,040
  • chessfor2-1.JPG
    chessfor2-1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,781
  • chess_sticker_2.JPG
    chess_sticker_2.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,734
  • chessjoint_2.JPG
    chessjoint_2.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,788
Last edited:

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Wow that is a fantastic like it just came out of the custom shop. What year was it completed?

bobalouiecda

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Regarding Huebler Custom Age:

This cue has "Custom Shop March 1997" just under the bumper. This should be the last built of very few known to exist. Both shafts are listed at 13mm.

JStarkweather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That is one of my favorite cues, being a pool player & chess player. I wish I could find a builder to make me a custom chess cue. I would pay good money for one.

Trent

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
im very sure that you could find someone to make one for you without much looking, i would post a add in the cuemaker section and seay what you want and what you would be willing to spend and im sure you will get some offers.

That is one of my favorite cues, being a pool player & chess player. I wish I could find a builder to make me a custom chess cue. I would pay good money for one.

Flash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Nice Cue!

Hey Bob, How is the Blue Mammoth doing? I love the chess cue, it is prestine! If I had money I would buy it! But you, kids just keeping me busy....
Take care.

jazz_jg

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huebler

This cue is great, I bought the same cue a few years ago and me and my wife got into a fight and she smashed it in half. I still have the cue. It still has one good shaft that was made for Three cushion. All the white in it is buckhorn. I paid 1200.00 on ebay for it. in good condition but not new. I thought the value of my cue was anywhere from 1500.00 to 2000.00. The butt end had a crack in it but the cue was made in 1986 I think. I could be wrong but it does say under the rubber.

Last edited:

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

JStarkweather, to be honest, to have a cue made that is of equal intricacy and contains ivory such as this cue, would cost at least this much if not more from any better known maker. If you can, you are a lot better off with buying this cue - also, anything you had made would be a tribute to this one while this is the original, genuine one.

I really like the cue especially because they cared to add an ivory joint which makes it look (and I believe) play great.

Good luck!

RedCircle

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This unplayed cue may go back in the safe, but I would like to sell a couple Huebler Customs, or trade to diversify my collection. I have about $2000 in the Huebler case and cue. This is not the Chess cue you see in the bluebook. In fact, I doubt you will find the budget version. Also when the bluebook was printed Paul Huebler refused to cooperate and pricing is not realistic to his most recent selling prices.
If you do a search for my recent posts or Huebler Custom you will find pictures of some of my cues. Huebler Custom cues, not production cues, I believe to be one of the best cues to speculate on. Consider what has happened to the values of many of the current cuebuilders, such as Scruggs, Southwest, Josswest, Richard Black, White and many others. Expect to pay $1500 or more for a basic used four point cue with two shafts. Not the rare versions, just the basic cue.
I would appreciate feedback for discussions about pricing. Would trade toward a Deluxe Cuesmith Lathe also.. Thanks for looking. Bob H

Would love to have that cue Bob. That is very nice