Thought I'd stop by.

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
Hello All,
Anyone around that I'll remember? Since I can't shoot pool anymore, I'm spending my recreation time with computer racing games. Playing online and such. A lot of fun but I'm not very good at it. I use to not being as good at things as I'd like to be. :wink: LOL

I was talking with someone at work who ask about pool and I told them I didn't play anymore. It made me think about the forum here, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy, CaptainJR. How's it going? Good to see you stop by. :wave2:

Hey, John Schmidt is opening a pool room in Wheeling, WV. Supposed to be pretty cool. It's right in your neck of the woods and might get your pool juices flowing again. ;)

Don't be a stranger! :)

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Welcome back!

It's been quite a while Captain. We may not have had interaction but I sure remember the name. I was a commercial fishermen Out O Glouceste and your username always caught my attention. In fact someone here started a thread asking about your whereabouts a year or so ago. Sorry to hear your not playing anymore, but glad that your still kicking!!!
Dan

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Hello All,
Anyone around that I'll remember? Since I can't shoot pool anymore, I'm spending my recreation time with computer racing games. Playing online and such. A lot of fun but I'm not very good at it. I use to not being as good at things as I'd like to be. :wink: LOL

I was talking with someone at work who ask about pool and I told them I didn't play anymore. It made me think about the forum here, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Ahoy Captain, good to see you. I didn't know you couldn't play pool anymore, sorry to hear it. You sure missed a lot of great action here.

Chris

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Nice to hear from you. Computer racing games? Do you mean watching and betting on Greyhound and/or Horse racing...or some other type of racing? Johnnyt

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hey Captain,

Didn't we meet at the PA State 8 Ball? Hope it's the same guy. Didn't know you had to quit playing. Can't imagine life without any pool for me.

This forum has become somewhat "testy". Personal attacks are now commonplace. Not as good place to hang anymore. Fortunately, there are some shining lights. I try to concentrate on them!

Lyn

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Hey, a name from the past...good to see you stop in, Captain! You used to post often, glad to see you around!

Eric

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Glad you popped back in for a look-see. I was wading through an old thread a few weeks ago and saw a post of yours and I wondered what ever happened to you. Good to see you are still kickin'.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Great to see your post Cap'n ! I have wondered where you wandered off to.

All the best,

Dave

Qstix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Captain, why can't you shoot pool? Guessing a shoulder or back injury.

What games are you playing online?

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My daughter and two nephews race online through the wii machine and mario carts game, she is real good but the 8 year old nephew is the bomb. Glad 2 see you back captain.--Leonard

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
Hi Cap'n. I was just wondering where you disappeared to. I remember playing you once in Hagerstown, MD. Hope all is well.
--Steve

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Avast,
Good to hear from you. I also rarely frequent the forum much anymore. Breakup passed away (for real; still brings a tear to my eye); no one to feud with anymore (though Mark Griffin is trying a bit).

I've been working on editing a pool instructional text for over a year now (with a noted instructor who worked on the text for FIFTEEN years before I got roped into helping), and it takes most of my free time; though I still get to play a fair bit of pool. I hope you are able to get back to playing at some point; you are obviously someone who loved it at one point. I love to hear from the "old guard"...now if only drivermaker would return...

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Good to hear from you and I'm sorry you can't play. Gotta be back problems.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
; no one to feud with anymore (though Mark Griffin is trying a bit)....

WB,

Are you kiddin' me? No one to feud with anymore? Just take one side (or the other) on an APA, CTE, Justis/Barton, Earl Strickland, etc. thread. You'll get all the feudin' your typing fingers can handle :wink::D:D:D!!!

BTW, It IS good to hear from you CaptainJR. Come around more often. You don't have to be shooting pool anymore to offer some insight as to how it's properly done!!!

Maniac