Why not Shane vs Lee Van Corteza

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one player that Shane has not been able to beat @ 10 ball is Lee Van Corteza, I think a race to 100 with him would be the biggest challange for Shane.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because if it was that easy it would have already been done.

These matches don't just happen.

It takes a LOT of work, setting up a date that both the players and TAR are good with, getting the money put up to make sure a match goes down, marketing the match a couple months out, and many many other things most people have no clue about.

There are many dream match up's we all want to see, but unless someone reaches in there pocket to pay the expenses to get whatever player you want to the match, get him or her a room,food and all the rest, the fact is most of those matches are just that DREAMS.

THANK YOU JUSTN FOR BUSTING YOUR ASS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN EACH AND EVERY TIME.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin said he has something in the works with Shane and another player to happen in the next few months. Im hoping its Orcullo.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The one player that Shane has not been able to beat @ 10 ball is Lee Van Corteza, I think a race to 100 with him would be the biggest challange for Shane.

I believe Shane beat Lee Van Corteza in the Phillipines not too long ago along with some others. :cool:

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
Shane has beat LeeVan a few different times actually, both 10 ball and 9 ball. He lost to him 9 8 in the 2010 us open 10 ball (even though he eventually won the tournament). Like someone else said, I dont really think LeeVan wants any. Shane is the master of these long races.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB vs ????

I think Lee Van would take that action if the race was shorter..., Lee Van has a good break and can get flat out..., its Gambl'n, SVB aint steal'n

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Orcullo vs SVB!!!!!!

I'm with Patrick on this one, I think that the SVB vs Orcullo would be the biggest Tar match ever..., they would be hard pressed to come up with something to match that?

iownthe412

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee van is a good player but I'm gonna say if that match would happen the result would be 100-65 Shane! Put Dennis Hatch in, he deserves a shot, or Orcullo.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I think Yang would be even tougher. Yang in those long sets plays like a machine with very little emotion, just an endless onslaught of perfect pool. He drilled Dennis Orcullo last time they played and now people just like to "forget" about Yang when trying to set up matches for the best in the world.

Lee van is a good player but I'm gonna say if that match would happen the result would be 100-65 Shane! Put Dennis Hatch in, he deserves a shot, or Orcullo.

Hatch would get murdered by the level of players we are talking about. He is definately a step below SVB, Lee Van, Orcullo, and the other elite top players in the world. He would want none of SVB in a long set.

Last edited:

Zirroe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has beat LeeVan a few different times actually, both 10 ball and 9 ball. He lost to him 9 8 in the 2010 us open 10 ball (even though he eventually won the tournament). Like someone else said, I dont really think LeeVan wants any. Shane is the master of these long races.

that is tournament, I've personally seen Lee Van gamble with shane at Q Masters before the U.S. Open and Lee Van was spanking Shane for the cash.
btw it was back in 09.

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hatch is no doubt a great player but I guarantee the line would be more than 8 games like it was with Alex if he plays Shane. Hatch is definetely a lower level player than the elite players like Shane, Alex, Orcullo and a few others. jmho

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Yang would be even tougher. Yang in those long sets plays like a machine with very little emotion, just an endless onslaught of perfect pool. He drilled Dennis Orcullo last time they played and now people just like to "forget" about Yang when trying to set up matches for the best in the world.

Hatch would get murdered by the level of players we are talking about. He is definately a step below SVB, Lee Van, Orcullo, and the other elite top players in the world. He would want none of SVB in a long set.

I agree Hatch has all the gamble and heart in the world, but he would not be able to fade shanes break and run out skills. Ill keep saying it, the best matchup is Orcullo and Shane IMO they are the two best players in the world right now.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Justin said he has something in the works with Shane and another player to happen in the next few months. Im hoping its Orcullo.

Per Mark Griffin, during the TAR stream last nite, he was asking Jay Helfert to try to help find a way to get Orcullo over here, in the TAR studio. They were kicking ideas around ala around the DCC event.

Who knows, we'll see.

Eric

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member

By the way, Yang drilled Orcullo TWICE in a race to 50, then 60, for the cash.

Eric