Space between tables

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
What is a comfortable space between pool tables and the surrounding walls? I have allowed 7 ft between tables and 5 1/2 ft to the surrounding walls. Is this too much, not enough? Any help is appreciated. :confused:

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is a comfortable space between pool tables and the surrounding walls? I have allowed 7 ft between tables and 5 1/2 ft to the surrounding walls. Is this too much, not enough? Any help is appreciated. :confused:

5 1/2 feet from the wall sounds like just enough. You really shouldn't go any tighter. 7 feet between tables is more than enough. In fact, you can go as little as 4 1/2 feet but that will cause a bit of congestion when both tables are in use (you might have your neighbor's butt on your table when you're shooting). At 7 feet, you should have no problems whatsoever.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Are the tables lined up short rail to short rail and long rail to wall or the other way around?

The reason I ask is I feel you can put them a little closer together short rail to short rail then long rail to long rail
since the long rail is usually where the non-playing people will be standing. Short-to-short measured from the
outside of the rail 5 feet is enough, long-to-long 7 is fine but 6 would be accaptable too.

5.5 feet to the wall is enough when measured from the cushion, from the outside of the rail
it is plenty (and too much if it costs you the room for extra tables). All these distances are assuming
seating areas will not be in the way.

gr. Dave

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
5 1/2 feet from the wall sounds like just enough. You really shouldn't go any tighter. 7 feet between tables is more than enough. In fact, you can go as little as 4 1/2 feet but that will cause a bit of congestion when both tables are in use (you might have your neighbor's butt on your table when you're shooting). At 7 feet, you should have no problems whatsoever.

Thanks Jude, just wanting to confirm I had enough room. The 7 ft in between the tables might be excessive. I could save a couple of feet. Thanks again.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Are the tables lined up short rail to short rail and long rail to wall or the other way around?

The reason I ask is I feel you can put them a little closer together short rail to short rail then long rail to long rail
since the long rail is usually where the non-playing people will be standing. Short-to-short measured from the
outside of the rail 5 feet is enough, long-to-long 7 is fine but 6 would be accaptable too.

5.5 feet to the wall is enough when measured from the cushion, from the outside of the rail
it is plenty (and too much if it costs you the room for extra tables). All these distances are assuming
seating areas will not be in the way.

gr. Dave

Thanks for responding. I have 4 tables set up like this:

! !

! !