Calgary action

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
It was 1 week before the match 2 months ago. How long before he is warmed up?

The match was never going to happen 2 months ago, PJ said 2 months ago he wanted to play a set with Dave but at that time Dave was not even playing pool at that time and PJ did not have the stake. The match is being set up for July as long as PJ comes up with the money or backers. They talked last week about it and Dave is putting in the time to get his game back to it's peak while PJ gets his backers or the stake sorted out. It will happen at JR's, Dave is bringing in a bar box solely for the event, race to 60 8-ball over two days for $10,000.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
The match was never going to happen 2 months ago, PJ said 2 months ago he wanted to play a set with Dave but at that time Dave was not even playing pool at that time and PJ did not have the stake. The match is being set up for July as long as PJ comes up with the money or backers. They talked last week about it and Dave is putting in the time to get his game back to it's peak while PJ gets his backers or the stake sorted out. It will happen at JR's, Dave is bringing in a bar box solely for the event, race to 60 8-ball over two days for $10,000.[/QUOT

Again....I will take Dave.But a good match up.We should try and get TAR to come up here for Edwin-Edey match,race to 100,10 ball.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
.....We should try and get TAR to come up here for Edwin-Edey match,race to 100,10 ball.

Keep us informed about this ... could be a great excuse to make a 5 hour cruise to Calgary.

Now back to finding some action for Jason :thumbup:

Dave < ----- non-gambling D player :embarrassed2:

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
The match was never going to happen 2 months ago, PJ said 2 months ago he wanted to play a set with Dave but at that time Dave was not even playing pool at that time and PJ did not have the stake. The match is being set up for July as long as PJ comes up with the money or backers. They talked last week about it and Dave is putting in the time to get his game back to it's peak while PJ gets his backers or the stake sorted out. It will happen at JR's, Dave is bringing in a bar box solely for the event, race to 60 8-ball over two days for $10,000.

Can you keep this on the radar, I would drive down to cowtown to see this.

SGM

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Again....I will take Dave.But a good match up.We should try and get TAR to come up here for Edwin-Edey match,race to 100,10 ball.

I don't think I am going to get to bet on the match if it happens, if I did I would not be betting against Dave as I have seen the guy play a couple too many matches at his top speed.

Edwin Edey would not happen, they are road partners and atm I am not sure Edwin is shooting enough pool to make it even.

Edey vs someone in the East would be the thing to do if you want to make a matchup, Edey/Morra, Edey/Klatt, ect... It would be easy to market and the action would be simple since the East will bet on the East and the West will bet on the West.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep us informed about this ... could be a great excuse to make a 5 hour cruise to Calgary.

Now back to finding some action for Jason :thumbup:

Dave < ----- non-gambling D player :embarrassed2:

I am going to see if Dave will play some. Maybe he would play race to 7 for 50$ or 11 for 100$ 9-ball. If he is practicing for a match, maybe a match would be good practice. Thats why I want to play!

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Called to see if Dave wanted gamble. Said he hasn't been playing much and didn't want to gamble. I put my money on PJ if they play.

Still looking for someone!

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally!!! PJ played some sets, race to seven, 8-ball. Hoping 9 ball on 9 foot next time. He got me 2-1. Great player though.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the "Heart of the new west" is dead. Calgary that is. I'm moving. I heard rumor of some little village out east that likes to play pool, gotta go check it out.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the action hunt in Calgary wasn't very successfull. The city has a ton of great players, I just couldn't find any to gamble with. They are very hard to find.

I thought my game was pretty good before I arrived here 3 years ago... I found out real quick that it wasn't. I did a lot of work to compete with the level in Calgary. I changed my stroke, ball selection, break, stance and even the bridge. Too bad they don't have more events in Alberta so these great cueman can show the skills.

It will be nice to land in NB and play the events again... Can't wait. I will be playing a few Joss events this year, starting with Turning stone and then the event in Maine.

miramachine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the action hunt in Calgary wasn't very successfull. The city has a ton of great players, I just couldn't find any to gamble with. They are very hard to find.

I thought my game was pretty good before I arrived here 3 years ago... I found out real quick that it wasn't. I did a lot of work to compete with the level in Calgary. I changed my stroke, ball selection, break, stance and even the bridge. Too bad they don't have more events in Alberta so these great cueman can show the skills.

It will be nice to land in NB and play the events again... Can't wait. I will be playing a few Joss events this year, starting with Turning stone and then the event in Maine.

There is a joss event at TJ's in maine in Sept Jason, I think a few of us are going to that.