HELLO--[hello, hello]--Is there anybody down there?

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
JAM said:
So, from what I have been reading here on the forum, it would seem to me that Cliff Joyner is providing a lot of entertainment and action, matching up with quite a few players. I know it's early, but I'm thinking he may be in the running for the Louie Roberts A/E Award.

JAM

I'm thinking that maybe you should be required to bet YOUR OWN before even being considered for the Louie Roberts A/E Award.

OldHasBeen

Tom Ferry
Don't Think They Have Played Yet

ravon said:
Who Won Between James Walden And Tony C

Late last night Tony told me they were going to play but James wasn't here yet. If they do play, I hope it is on the TV table or in the tourney room because everytime there is a game in the lounge, 300 people stand around and it is hard for a "OldHasBeen" to stand & try to watch. Easy to bet though!

Bucktooth is doing a lot of woofing - I think he is getting ready to through a party.

One Pocket is getting ready to start. - SO

Later, Tom (OHB)

Last edited:

tonyc

Hey jam & Doug,
There were some good matches last night Ashcroft was matching upo with Bennet for 3 bags of sand not sure who won that 10 ahead, Joyner beat richeson for the same amout playing 5 ahead, Richie gettting 9-7.
There is so much going on here its hard to keep up.

tonyc

I fogot to mention i went two and out in the bank pool event, Not realy shocked LOL, I will also be unveilling my one pocket game today LOL,
where are ya doug may need some coaching.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tonyc said:
Hey jam & Doug,
There were some good matches last night Ashcroft was matching upo with Bennet for 3 bags of sand not sure who won that 10 ahead, Joyner beat richeson for the same amout playing 5 ahead, Richie gettting 9-7.
There is so much going on here its hard to keep up.

Thanks, Tony, for the update! Sounds like a lot going on, and just imagine, the week is only beginning! :p

[Three bags of sand! (LOL):D I love that!]

What's going on with the IPT qualifier tournament?

Cliff Joyner always seems to find himself a little action, no matter where the venue, and whether he's getting staked or backing himself, he is poetry in motion as far as I'm concerned. He's a one-pocket machine, and I really like watching him play!

Play well, Tony, in the one-pocket event. We'll all be rooting you for you!:)

JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
Very early, but you're right. So far, he's been pretty much the only action.

I would imagine more folks will be arriving each day. What's going on with the IPT qualifier and the qualifier for the qualifier? :p

Cornerman said:
And let's not forget: AZBilliard forum members as well as CCBoard and OnePocket.Org members are voting on this award, as opposed to just a handful of spotters. I hope the AZBers get out of the AZB room and into the action if they're going to be of influence.

So far, who are the top three that seem to be providing the most ACTION and ENTERTAINMENT? These are the names I have read so far who seem to be in the pits: Cliff Joyner, Eric Durban, Tony Chohan, Keith Bennett, Brandon Ashcraft, and Richie Richeson.

Where's Tony Watson? He won the Louie Roberts A/E Award 2 years ago. And did Ronnie Wiseman make the trek? Is Bustamante there as well? Will there be a rematch between John Schmidt and Alex Pagulayan in straight pool? And what's going on with the straight pool event across the street at the other Executive hotel?

Cornerman said:
And you are not here why?

I'm at home "saving Tara." It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it! :eek:

Hope you are able to post soon with some more tidbits from Louisville!:)

JAM

Erno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tons of action tonight!

just got done watching T-REX play CHRIS BARTRAM 10 ahead even for ( 10 bags of sand!) took about 7 hours with chris coming out the winner. Also while this was going on efren and corey played a race to 8, one hole for 2500, efren gave 9/7. efren ended up winning 8 to 2.

Bucktooth started barking at corey afterwards about not having any heart, they were trying to set up a match even 1 hole with corey wearing bucktooths glasses while playing, but this didn't pan out.

Also bill incardona played grady one hole for 200 a game, not sure how this one finished, could barely stay awake for all the action and wonderful bank games going on.

i'll try to find out the outcome in the morning, but for now I NEED SOME SLEEP.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Erno said:
Also while this was going on efren and corey played a race to 8, one hole for 2500, efren gave 9/7. efren ended up winning 8 to 2.
At the request of Greg, I brought a camcorder. And... I recorde the last 7 or 8 games of this set. It wasn't as fantabulous as Cliff vs. Efren '05, but it was still classic Efren Reyes. I don't know what can be done to these camcorder videos, but we watched them on TV. It's not bad.

Bucktooth started barking at corey afterwards about not having any heart, they were trying to set up a match even 1 hole with corey wearing bucktooths glasses while playing, but this didn't pan out.
And I video'd this on my DV camcorder. One for the ages. Again, since I'm no media guru, I don't know what can be done with this.

Fred

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
JAM said:
I would imagine more folks will be arriving each day. What's going on with the IPT qualifier and the qualifier for the qualifier? :p
I'm not sure. They announce the IPT matches, and the participants can play their matches whenever they can get to it. I don't know how many are in it, but there were many names.

So far, who are the top three that seem to be providing the most ACTION and ENTERTAINMENT?

Tough to say. For one thing, IMO, there's not enough AZBers/ 1PocketOrg folks watching the action. And, a lot of the players' names aren't known to many of us.

These are the names I have read so far who seem to be in the pits: Cliff Joyner, Eric Durban, Tony Chohan, Keith Bennett, Brandon Ashcraft, and Richie Richeson.

Corey
- Played one-hole vs. Efren on the TV table
- Woofed it up with Bucktooth
- Played a partners 8-ball match with vs. Cardone/Wetch. I don't know who is partner is.

Troy Frank

- Played an 6-ahead match for a dime in 8-ball. vs Durbin. Durbin won after several hours of back and forth with a 20 minute flurry winning the last four games. 8-ball is the bomb. Lot's of it happening.

Where's Tony Watson? Haven't seen him.

And did Ronnie Wiseman make the trek? Yup, he's here.

Is Bustamante there as well? I haven't seen him

Will there be a rematch between John Schmidt and Alex Pagulayan in straight pool? No reports yet

And what's going on with the straight pool event across the street at the other Executive hotel?

The straight pool event is actually at the Executive West. For prelims, if a player runs 40, he gets a shot in the finals. If he runs 80, he gets two shots, and if he runs 120, he gets three shots. As of yesterday, there has only been one run over 100, Corey Deuel 110. Schmidt had three runs in the 80's. The tables are proving there toughness.

The other hotel (Executive Inn) is holding the minis and the amateur events. I haven't made it over there.

Fred................................