Mezz Ignite.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to hit with one for a while at the expo. It hits the same as the revo in my opinion except if you don’t like the sound of the revo and you want a furrel to help you aim the mezz might be for you.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I got to hit with one for a while at the expo. It hits the same as the revo in my opinion except if you don’t like the sound of the revo and you want a furrel to help you aim the mezz might be for you.

Did you try the Becue, Meucci and Pechauer CF shafts as well while there?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you try the Becue, Meucci and Pechauer CF shafts as well while there?

No interest in the becue. with the garbage meucci puts out and shitty attitude of bob meucci over the years I wouldn’t buy anything from him no matter how good it hits. I did want to hit some balls with the cuetec but didn’t get a chance.

Last edited:

Kev

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea i got back to my 700 after a two month stint with the expro, feels more reliable/stiff to me. Is the taper on the ignite similar to the expro or 700? How did it compare to the expro? Mine is coming late April

Ignite taper is more like the (pro) taper of the 700, only quite a bit longer.
Compared to the ExPro, the Ignite has more power, less deflection, stiffer, and taper feels more comfortable (especially with a close bridge).

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know when they will be shipping in the US?

I pre-ordered one directly from mezz. They claim the first shipment will be in April. I really like the way my current set-up hits (wavy joint / hp2 / super soft tip) so unless the ignite is like out-of-this-world good it will be hard to justify switching full-time to the ignite. I know Mika played with one for a while and ended up switching back to his 30" ex-pro, but I'm excited to check it out and any reviews from SBE or elsewhere would be appreciated.

Last edited:

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know when they will be shipping in the US?

FYI... This is from a Mezz email last week re: 29" Ignite Shaft... June 4th 2019

"We will be receiving a shipment of Ignite Shafts in August, however, we already have an extensive wait list. We have not been informed as to how many pieces we will be receiving. "

MezzUSA also states that there is 'No word on any other lengths available.'

R

idfx

Registered
No interest in the becue. with the garbage meucci puts out and shitty attitude of bob meucci over the years I wouldn’t buy anything from him no matter how good it hits. I did want to hit some balls with the cuetec but didn’t get a chance.

I agree with you. 30yrs ago I was meucci fan. But bob is a hardnose, stonehead old man. I hate his attitude.

Oliver

San Francisco
Silver Member
I would really like to know how the Mezz Ignite shaft compares to a Mezz WX900 shaft for deflection, once someone has fairly experimented with both of those two shafts? There is no comparison between the levels of deflection of a WX700 or even an EXPro to the WX900 - which in my opinion deflects so much less than either of those two shafts it's ridiculous. When I switched to Mezz cues, I initially played with a WX700 shaft for nearly 6 months, before switching to a EXPro Mezz shaft, for considerably lower deflection than the WX700, which the EXPro shaft clearly provided, which I've played for nearly the past year. About a month ago I ordered, tried out, immediately fell in love with, and switched to the WX900 shaft, only because of the significant decrease in deflection over any previous shaft I had ever tried. Even though I'm still not yet fully comfortable and adjusted to it, my shotmaking accuracy when spinning the cue ball has already improved dramatically.

Well you are in luck. I've been playing with the wx900 for a good while, and got to try out the ignite for a whole day last week. To me, the deflection of the ignite feels slightly less than the wx900, but honestly i adjusted to it almost immediately and had great results strait off the bat.

as a footnote, I had previously tried out the revo and the cuetec, with full expectation of liking one of them and with the intention of switching to cf.

But i didnt like either of them enough to switch and had actually decided to stay with the wx900. Then got a chance to try out the ignite and ordered one straight away. Really lovely shaft, and glides much better than wood too (i dont use a glove).

o