New amateur only tour

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am pleased to announce that I have joined forces with JACCS, which is the Junior and Amateur Canadian Cuesport Association! We are about to announce the first ever AMATEUR ONLY tour called the A Tour. JUNIORS will be able to participate for FREE! First event will be in September, at Dakota's in Barrie Ontario. Details will be posted soon at www.jaccspool.com. Let's RACK & ROLL!

Grace Nakamura-Babcock

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the guidelines to be considered an amateur?

Details on eligibility will be posted on the JACCS website shortly. General guidelines will follow a combination of the CBSA(Canadian Billiard & snooker Association) list as well as the CCS (Canadian Cuesport League). The ultimate decision will be decided by a committee and the tournament director.

Grace

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the guidelines to be considered an amateur?

Details on eligibility will be posted on the JACCS website shortly. General guidelines will follow a combination of the CBSA(Canadian Billiard & snooker Association) list as well as the CCS (Canadian Cuesport League). The ultimate decision will be decided by a committee and the tournament director.

Grace

That means you're out, Deanus!

LessThanMike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The first EVER? umm.. i remember playing years ago on the Petrinas Amateur Tour.... you know. just sayin.....

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
I am definitely thinking of going down...and I know that I'm an amateur!!

Are the details on the Jaccs website yet?

J

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I definitely don't qualify for any OPEN tournaments. So what does that make me? An amateur.
I agree,you should be able to play.You might be able to beat a pro now and again but that should not mean you should be put on that status.Hopefully they get it right from the beginning without waiting till halfway through the tour to do so.Its always about the numbers,if there low you'll find almost everybody will be allowed to play.It's all about the money!oh ya and the kids,ya ya that's it!:wink:

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree,you should be able to play.You might be able to beat a pro now and again but that should not mean you should be put on that status.Hopefully they get it right from the beginning without waiting till halfway through the tour to do so.Its always about the numbers,if there low you'll find almost everybody will be allowed to play.It's all about the money!oh ya and the kids,ya ya that's it!:wink:

We will endeavor to do our best at making it fair, our aim is to provide a tour that recreational/amateur players can enjoy and feel like they have a chance to win. There will be no handicaps in this tour so we will be fairly strict with who is allowed to play....our intent is to look after the MAJORITY of players who don't get to experience the winner's circle on a regular basis, and in this case it is NOT about the money, but about nurturing the grassroots level of our sport and yes it IS about the JUNIORS, they are the future of our sport!

Sincerely,
JACCS

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah i miss those tours.... wish he had of kept them up

We all do that is why we are doing this, we will post eligibility information within the next 2 weeks, we want to make sure we get it as close to FAIR as possible so we are studying several handicap lists as a reference point.....keep in mind this is for the Juniors and the TRUE RECREATIONAL amateurs.... the decision will be made by the JACCS committee...MISREPRESENTATION at any time during the tournament WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and the person or persons involved will be asked to leave and will forfeit all monies, tournament director's decision is final....we do not know everyone so we are depending on the honesty of those we intend to protect....let's play pool and have FUN!

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We will endeavor to do our best at making it fair, our aim is to provide a tour that recreational/amateur players can enjoy and feel like they have a chance to win. There will be no handicaps in this tour so we will be fairly strict with who is allowed to play....our intent is to look after the MAJORITY of players who don't get to experience the winner's circle on a regular basis, and in this case it is NOT about the money, but about nurturing the grassroots level of our sport and yes it IS about the JUNIORS, they are the future of our sport!

Sincerely,
JACCS
With all do respect and this is only my opinion but money has to have alot to do with a successful tour.If you look at the junior bracket at the Canadians for the past couple years the turnout has been very very low.I think its great to have something for the kids and I commend you for doing so.To have a few tournaments for the kids is one thing but to have a tour is another.Money is really the main reason for coming to these things.People might disagree but I think its proven that tours that have the money get the turnout thats why we have calcutta's to generate more money for the tour, players and poolroom.And yes the juniors are the future but many players that aren't juniors have put alot of time, money and effort and never have been in the winners circle either.These people should not be forgotten in the process of the future but rewarded for what they have done in the past.Goodluck to all:smile:

samurai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all do respect and this is only my opinion but money has to have alot to do with a successful tour.If you look at the junior bracket at the Canadians for the past couple years the turnout has been very very low.I think its great to have something for the kids and I commend you for doing so.To have a few tournaments for the kids is one thing but to have a tour is another.Money is really the main reason for coming to these things.People might disagree but I think its proven that tours that have the money get the turnout thats why we have calcutta's to generate more money for the tour, players and poolroom.And yes the juniors are the future but many players that aren't juniors have put alot of time, money and effort and never have been in the winners circle either.These people should not be forgotten in the process of the future but rewarded for what they have done in the past.Goodluck to all:smile:

They will be, you have not let us fully disclose all that we are going to offer, be patient young grasshopper....the added money will be put into the championship stop, the 4 events prior will not pay out much...you will have to play in ONLY 1 stop to be eligible for the championships, however the more you play the more points you will score, and the final stop will be seeded...that is all I will tell you for now....the president of JACCS will be making a full announcement with all details on Az soon!