New Its George cases.. or Its George II.. or the second coming

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
OK I have had 3 or 4 of these cases to examine and critique. Quality issues are minor and I am sure as soon as they get a little more practice under their belts, there will not be any issues.

These cases are 1x2 Fellini style cases, as they have always been. The bloodline is pure and not infiltrated by foreign seed. I have had two elephant prints, an eel print and a blue ostritch case. The latter being my favorite and will look exceptional with the cue I have coming...

The thinner skins are back seamed like a Fellini or Centennial, or original its George. The heavier skins are side stitched, like they used to be. So nothing has really changed. They come with a locking latch, old school type hardware. The ends are black plastic, the Original its George in white on the bottom, and the top is plain black. The case has a felt presentation cover, could be better with the Its George logo on the sleeve.

I would make two changes, it would say Its George II, and I would put "Made in the USA" in the bottom cap. Other than that, its a great case for going to the pool room, storage, whatever you like. Yes,the inner sleeves go to the bottom.

I "drop" tested it with a few cues and they did not nick or ding, so I do not see any issues with that aspect of the case. For the price, and the quality, this case is a no brainer.

I am sure there will be 2x4's, straps, pockets, etc. I do like the singular, no-nonsense case, its just business when you carry one of these.

JV

Attachments

• DSC04317.jpg
    DSC04317.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3,122
  • DSC04318.jpg
    DSC04318.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3,060

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The new George case look terrific.
Have you seen any new 3x6 It's George cases?
I just counted, and I have 16-old George cases.
The 1x2's & 2x4's are fine, but the plastic at the top on the 3 x 6's where the lid goes is a little thin for that much surface area.
Just wondering if they beefed that up on the new version.

I prefer the old It's George logo on the bottom, but It's George II is very original>>:smile:

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Definitely add a "II" but I'm curious, not knocking simply curious, are these a 100% Made in USA product, or are they assembled in America. I like to buy 100% USA manufactured products when they are made to a high quality. If this is the case this is very good news!

How do the interiors compare to the old Geoge cases? same, better, or worse?

classiccues

Silver Member
I don't know. Maybe the thread is made in Indonesia, or the latch in Siam. What I concern myself with is that at the end of the day, the monies are kept and spent here.

Interior sleeve is similar. The same, I don't know.

JV

Definitely add a "II" but I'm curious, not knocking simply curious, are these a 100% Made in USA product, or are they assembled in America. I like to buy 100% USA manufactured products when they are made to a high quality. If this is the case this is very good news!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Interior sleeve is similar. The same, I don't know.

I have 16-old It's George cases, every style you can think of, even a suitcase style 1 x 2 that the logo reads:
IT'S GEORGE
AND THAT SAYS IT ALL

One improvement I would like to see would be to beef up the plastic extrusion at the top of the 3x6 cases.
There is too much surface area and they crack very easily.
No problem with the 1x2 and 2x4 cases, just the 3x6.
There is plenty of room in a 3x6, I love em, but there seems to be a common problem with the 3x6 It's George cases.

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The cases look nice Joe, I'm glad to see them being made. I always loved the looks of the smooth black ones.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's nice to see these back on the market, and nice to see a review.

:thumbup:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
OK I have had 3 or 4 of these cases to examine and critique. Quality issues are minor and I am sure as soon as they get a little more practice under their belts, there will not be any issues.

These cases are 1x2 Fellini style cases, as they have always been. The bloodline is pure and not infiltrated by foreign seed. I have had two elephant prints, an eel print and a blue ostritch case. The latter being my favorite and will look exceptional with the cue I have coming...

The thinner skins are back seamed like a Fellini or Centennial, or original its George. The heavier skins are side stitched, like they used to be. So nothing has really changed. They come with a locking latch, old school type hardware. The ends are black plastic, the Original its George in white on the bottom, and the top is plain black. The case has a felt presentation cover, could be better with the Its George logo on the sleeve.

I would make two changes, it would say Its George II, and I would put "Made in the USA" in the bottom cap. Other than that, its a great case for going to the pool room, storage, whatever you like. Yes,the inner sleeves go to the bottom.

I "drop" tested it with a few cues and they did not nick or ding, so I do not see any issues with that aspect of the case. For the price, and the quality, this case is a no brainer.

I am sure there will be 2x4's, straps, pockets, etc. I do like the singular, no-nonsense case, its just business when you carry one of these.

JV

Not infiltrated by foreign seed? That sounds so biblical. For the readers clarification do you intend to sell these cases?

What are the quality issues you found that you consider to be minor? I also was able to inspect these new It's George cases a week ago but I don't feel the need to review them. I am curious though what the issues are currently with the examples you have.

When you say you are sure that there will be 2x4s are you not aware that there already are 2x4s on the market? Is there another It's George company operating or are you simply not informed of what's been on the market for quite a while.

Here is the facebook page for anyone wanting to buy direct, lots of 2x4s on offer here

https://www.facebook.com/ItsGeorgeCueCases?fref=ts

"foreign seed" :)

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Here's the new It's George Case that John had the chance to inspect. Taken with my new Spitz Cue and yes those are 2x4s:

JohnS-113180143-1.jpg

JohnS-813180143.jpg

JohnS-213180143.jpg

classiccues

Silver Member
Unknown. We did a trade and will have those for sale, after that who knows.

Small seam imperfections, and separations. Nothing I would consider bad enough to say the case is a problem. Just being accurate.

I did not have a 2x4 and I don't read every facebook post, or look for everyone I know on facebook.

Its not like he gave me a bunch for doing the review or anything. :wink:

JV

Not infiltrated by foreign seed? That sounds so biblical. For the readers clarification do you intend to sell these cases?

What are the quality issues you found that you consider to be minor? I also was able to inspect these new It's George cases a week ago but I don't feel the need to review them. I am curious though what the issues are currently with the examples you have.

When you say you are sure that there will be 2x4s are you not aware that there already are 2x4s on the market? Is there another It's George company operating or are you simply not informed of what's been on the market for quite a while.

Here is the facebook page for anyone wanting to buy direct, lots of 2x4s on offer here

https://www.facebook.com/ItsGeorgeCueCases?fref=ts

"foreign seed" :)

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what I have seen they are essentially the George cases we have loved for so long, not more or less.

It's good to see some choices in the tube cases available. Personally, I think this style of case is the "best". In the past JB has expanded on the history of this style of case and I find it quite interesting.

It's a shame to see conversations about this matter degrade to jabs. It nice to see them available again.

I have played around with thermoforming PVC to produce oval case tubes and have to say it's a lot of work to get it right. To set up for a production run of extruded tubes is no small matter, and then there is the matter of producing the finished cases on those tubes. This is obviously a serious effort at producing some fine cases with a heritage that we all regard highly I think.

I'm just glad to see them back. :thumbup:

robertno1pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its George Y2013K

Seems like a simple question where are the cases assembled and where do all the parts come from??

Do they out source any parts or do they build everything in-house??

Call cue owners who want some protection anal or focused, but for protection in an area often imitated but possibly not quite the same - seems like some logical answers to publicly clarify.

Is this "Its George" in Shreveport, LA, USA - who set the bar - building cases after the none compete ran its course??

:thumbup:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like a simple question where are the cases assembled and where do all the parts come from??

Do they out source any parts or do they build everything in-house??

Seems like a simple matter to direct such a question directly to the maker.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just It's George works fine. That's the name brand and the way it should stay. No need to have any other marking.

All the ones I have seen, past and present were solid cases.