Fair Match

808billiards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As a room owner, would or should you intervene if a money match is not fair. If one of your better players is clearly taking advantage of your weaker players and they don't know any better. What would you do?

Last edited:

Banks

Banned
Are you coming from the player point of view or the business side of things. There is two sides to this story.

If it's affecting your customers, it's your business. He should be making sure those people are walking away with a smile and a handshake. Anything less and he begins sh****ing where he's eating.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
As a room owner, would or should you intervene if a money match is not fair. If one of your better players is clearly taking advantage of your weaker players and they don't know any better. What would you do?

I would ask the weaker player to pay for lessons in your room instead of gambling losses.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It depends on who is playing and for what amount. If a player hustled one of my customers and is NOT a regular then you might have to think about it long and hard. Boys will be boys. Some players don't like to be informed when they are out of line. Mostly I stay away from my players games and let them find out for themselves.

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
If there is blood in the water, let the sharks feed. If there smart they will learn from there mistakes. Not your job to be a parent if there adults.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Let me speak from experience here. There is ZERO way where giving advice will be in your best interest. Even if the player with the worst of it is your very best friend, just stay out of it. They will most likely do as they please and, if they somehow win, will tell you "Thanks for having faith in me"...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

As a room owner I protect the majority of my customers but I make them ALL understand that if they don't learn enough to protect themselves they are subject to get into bad games.

I would never knock a match that was being negotiated. But I would talk to players afterward and explain to them what relative strengths are and try to help them understand how to better match up.

In one room I used to sell cases to the owner had index cards that tracked everyone's stats and the players would refer to those cards and defer to him on how they should match up.

I will not allow a hustler to prey on my customers without giving them the tools to defend themselves.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Let me speak from experience here. There is ZERO way where giving advice will be in your best interest. Even if the player with the worst of it is your very best friend, just stay out of it. They will most likely do as they please and, if they somehow win, will tell you "Thanks for having faith in me"...

I dealt with that with someone I knew. Would not listen. When he was done losing more than 100k,he asked me to help him recoup some.