JUDD cue questions

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
I ordered this cue in 1991 when Judd and Trudy were my neighbors in Southern California. I am looking to sell the cue as I haven't ever used it very much and it just remains in storage in my home pool room.

As you will see in the pictures that the original finish that is on the cue has yellowed over the years. My question is will the cue be more valuable to a buyer in original condition or will a new refinish add more value and make it easier to sell?

Thanks

Kevin

Attachments

• DSC_0057.jpg
    DSC_0057.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 816
  • DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 815
  • DSC_0058.jpg
    DSC_0058.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 814
  • DSC_0063.jpg
    DSC_0063.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 816
  • DSC_0070-1.jpg
    DSC_0070-1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 816

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would sell it as is then the buyer has options. For sure some people would prefer the old finish.

Julian

Last edited:

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the most valuable to me, since my name is Judd, and I have this cue's ebony/ivory sister from '92. These 2 are the only 6pt cues Judd Fuller ever made (he only ever admitted to 1).

I wish I had the cash to buy it off you, but it's pretty unlikely. Someday they may be united again.

Mine has been refinished, and they refinished over the wrap, so meh... I'd keep yours as is. Whatcha gonna ask for it?

Last edited:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
It's the most valuable to me, since my name is Judd, and I have this cue's ebony/ivory sister from '92. I wish I had the cash for it, but it's pretty unlikely. Someday they may be united again.

Mine has been refinished.

Judd

Please add pictures of your cue here or else pm me or send pictures to
kevinlindstrom@msn.com as I would love to see your cue. I was so happy that Judd made this cue to my design way back in the day.

Thanks

Kevin

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I did have 5 Judd's refinished but if it isn't dinged up I would sell as is.
I just sold Judd's last cue before he passed.
A friend had a nice collection of Judds and his kids were
beating them up.
Those 4 Judd cues needed to be refinished, but I left all the others alone.

FYI
The Judd 8 point ebony cue on Ebay says ivory joint, but I used to own that cue and the joint is not ivory.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Keep it as is .
My first Judd was around 94.
I went to their place too.
Ordered 3 more cues after that .

Is that bumper original ?

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI
The Judd 8 point ebony cue on Ebay says ivory joint, but I used to own that cue and the joint is not ivory.

That makes sense. The butt cap on mine is micarta (much less likely to crack), which is why it's still a little yellow after the refinish. I don't know if Judd used ivory where it could possibly crack, like buttcaps, ferrules, and joints.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My main player right now is a JT1 with a BEM butt with ebony handle. The butt is dinged to hell by some previous owner. Someday I'll refinish it. I think that cue is from 2004.

I got 2 shafts with it, and then had Steve Klein (who's local to me) re-taper one of them (long and skinny) and put a dawg dud tip on it. Best feeling cue I've ever played with.

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Keep it as is .
My first Judd was around 94.
I went to their place too.
Ordered 3 more cues after that .

Is that bumper original ?

The bumper and everything about my cue is original. If I remember correctly I choose the higher or thicker bumper to be put on the cue to further protect the butt cap of the cue.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
That makes sense. The butt cap on mine is micarta (much less likely to crack), which is why it's still a little yellow after the refinish. I don't know if Judd used ivory where it could possibly crack, like buttcaps, ferrules, and joints.

Judd used ivory for ferrules, butt caps and joints for sure .
I believe he preferred 3/8 10 for ivory joints.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
I agree with everyone else.... keep it as is, and let the buyer decide to refinish or not.

Nothing plays like a Judd.

Both Judd and Trudy are/were class acts all the way.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Refinish and sell to me. PM me so we can work it out.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

I have a 1993 Judd jump break with a 15" butt end extension by Judd, made like the cue so it has 2 brown phenolic butt caps and 2 brown bumpers.
73" cue
I use it instead of a bridge in my bar box VNEA league.
I'm yet to miss a shot with it, so much better than a bridge.
Judd did an amazing job on this extra long jump break.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a 1993 Judd jump break with a 15" butt end extension by Judd, made like the cue so it has 2 brown phenolic butt caps and 2 brown bumpers.
73" cue
I use it instead of a bridge in my bar box VNEA league.
I'm yet to miss a shot with it, so much better than a bridge.
Judd did an amazing job on this extra long jump break.

Wow, I'd like to see some pics of that monster!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's the most valuable to me, since my name is Judd, and I have this cue's ebony/ivory sister from '92. These 2 are the only 6pt cues Judd Fuller ever made (he only ever admitted to 1).

I wish I had the cash to buy it off you, but it's pretty unlikely. Someday they may be united again.

Mine has been refinished, and they refinished over the wrap, so meh... I'd keep yours as is. Whatcha gonna ask for it?

Holy crap...finished mooch-y style? I'd a raised hell and the bum that did that would be requesting I accept a refund, good grief.