Pool in Music

Benward452

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a rather lengthy thread about this topic many moons ago. Lots of good songs in that thread.

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Pool Music

So I like when I hear things about pool in songs. I love music, specifically blues and classic rock. I was curious what songs you all have heard that have pool talked about in them. Here is my list so far. I am sure I have heard more but it's a start.

As Good as I Once Was - Toby Keith
Pool Hall Richard - The Faces
8-Ball - Seasick Steve
Maggie May - Rod Stewart

All links to Youtube videos.

Let's open each other up to new music, about pool!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Back in 1974 when I was a young lad of 15 yr., the Juke Box man came by the Pool Hall every Wednesday to swap out songs with the new ones he had, well if you had a song you liked on the juke box it had a meter on it that displayed how many times it had been played that week, so if you had a favorite you'd bettter been playing it that week or it could be replaced.

Back then songs were 2 for a quarter or 5 for a fifty cent piece (Kennedy Half), we all had our songs that got you into rhythm shooting pool over the years, for me the upbeat songs got me going .

I really liked Maggie May, Back on Main Street, Hold on for You " Heart", most all songs by Elton John, and FleetWoodMac could stir up the Devil in me on a pool table!:grin-devilish:

Those were the days for me!, I know you younger guy's have your songs now , and it's all good, I like some of them too!........hehe:grin-square:

David Harcrow

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Tom Waits

Dawn broke hard like a pool cue
It wasn't takin' no lip from the night before

can't remember the title...maybe someone can dig that up