J&J Backpack cases look really nice.

EDIT: I just read the post that John Barton, of JB Custom cases wrote (below, in Post #22), and I feel like such a fool now, for even mentioning the J&J cases.

I understand now that the JB cases are so much better, and much higher quality, in many ways.

Anyways, please read Post # 22 of this thread. It is very interesting.

I now very much would love to have a JB Case, and do not want some look a like knock off.

Thanks Mr. John Barton for all of the info about how your cases are made, and so much different then the look a like J&J cases.

Very sorry that I thought those cases would be similar in quality. I now understand how wrong I was about that.

I am happy now that I did not order one of those knock off cases.

Anyways, the reply that John Barton wrote (in Post # 22) was really great, and very informative.

Thanks again JB.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
They sort of look like a JBCase, Rugged Case but much cheaper in price, maybe John has licensed JJ to use his design, but that is question for JBCases.

Last thought is JBCases stand behind what he builds - Warranty.

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I thought that maybe they are JB knock off cases. Looks like good quality though. I just do not know though.

I just spoke to John Barton, told him about these, John say he did not license JJ.

He was not aware of these, if you want more info from horse mouth, talk to John, he is the expert on construction of his products, etc.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve seen a couple of JB knock offs. They look decent, until you put them next to the real thing.

My 2 cents... Spend another 70 bucks or so, get the real deal, and never worry about whether your cues are protected again.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I’ve seen a couple of JB knock offs. They look decent, until you put them next to the real thing.

My 2 cents... Spend another 70 bucks or so, get the real deal, and never worry about whether your cues are protected again.

JB was the guy who started Instroke, that idea has been knocked off by many many cheap imitations.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About a year ago I bought a JB Rugged knockoff for $99.
You get what you pay for. Get the real thing.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
About a year ago I bought a JB Rugged knockoff for $99.

You get what you pay for. Get the real thing.

People in Asia work hard make copies of stuff, problem is most of the time they do not make an exact copy, they just try & do it cheaper, faster, and less quality.

Remeber when Steve Piesner wanted storage cases for his high dollar Cues, he bought GTF because they were quality Cases.

Steve had Black Bores worth 20K, he want protection, not FAUX protection.

The JB cases that I see for sale are all over $300 after the shipping costs, so that is over $150 more, not $70 more.

I just do not have $300 right now, and really want a nice backpack case.

Are the J&J cases really no good?

JB gets his cases from China too. Does he use his own factory? Who knows if these J&J cases are not from the same case manufacturer?

Are the J&J cases the same cases that you have personally seen, and used?

Thanks.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The JB cases that I see for sale are all over $300 after the shipping costs, so that is over $150 more, not $70 more.

JB gets his cases from China too. Does he use his own factory? Who knows if these J&J cases are not from the same case manufacturer?

Thanks.

$220.00

https://jbcases.com/cases-for-sale-instock/2x5-3x4-ultimate-rugged-2114.html

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member

Thanks.

Sounds like you've made up your mind, why keep asking?

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.

Yes he has his own factory. Save a little and get the real mccoy

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Thanks.

The bottom line is you get what you pay for.