Cuetec Cynergy in-depth review on AzB

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote a review of the Cuetec Cynergy shaft here on AzB's Cue and shaft review subforum. Very few of our members browse those sub categories here, so I thought to share the link here on Main forum so everyone interested can get to read it through :)

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=507542

Please note that I am not a professional player and everything written in there is based on my own perception of the shafts performance and how I like it otherwise :smile:

Happy reading!

- Kimmo

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good lord.. we don’t need anymore reviews lol go hit with one. If you like it play with it . If you don’t... don’t ! Thats a simple review lol

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I wrote a review of the Cuetec Cynergy shaft here on AzB's Cue and shaft review subforum. Very few of our members browse those sub categories here, so I thought to share the link here on Main forum so everyone interested can get to read it through :)

Please note that I am not a professional player and everything written in there is based on my own perception of the shafts performance and how I like it otherwise :smile:

Happy reading!

- Kimmo

I enjoyed your perspective! Well written and good pics. I also own a Cynergy and like it very much. Thanks for the time you put into your review!

TFT

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice review.

I own a Revo and Cynergy. I agree with everything you said. I do like the feel of the Cynergy better. I think it’s the ferrule. It softens the hit with a plastic-y feel. I played with the Revo so long that I don’t notice notice the tink even though it’s there. I’m so tuned to it, I don’t see me switching over to the Cynergy full time. The deflection difference came out in my playing. But it’s definitely a great shaft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good lord.. we don’t need anymore reviews lol go hit with one. If you like it play with it . If you don’t... don’t ! Thats a simple review lol

Thankfully it is very easy to skip over all threads labeled "review" if you aren't interested in the least ;)

I know there are reviews out there of most of the CF shafts but I don't think it hurts anyone having an extra one, written in a little more detail perhaps. It isn't quite as simple all around the world to just go and hit with one as there are just a few of them in the whole country where I live and no dealers at all so the purchases like this are largely based on blind buying or reviews online for some people.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the review.Have you tried the
Mezz ignite?

Not yet but I do have a line cast out fishing for one :wink:
I've heard good things about the Ignite from finnish pro players so I'm looking forward to getting mine aswell. I'll update the thread when I get to compare the two or maybe write a review of its own if I feel like there is enough difference between the two :)Owen

painfullyslow

Registered
Kimmo,

Thank you so much for a great writeup. I added a few thoughts to your thread but if you prefer that I do not, just PM me and I will delete it.

Again, thanks a ton for such good info.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Basically the Cuetec CF shaft hits and feels like a maple low deflection shaft. It feels less stiff than even some wood shafts. The Z shafts for one to me feel stiffer than the Cuetec (and the Meucci one for that matter, they are pretty similar). The Cuetec feel and deflection actually feels to me like the early Predator shafts. I had a pre-cat Predator for a bit and now that I think about it, the Cuetec CF shaft felt a lot like that one. The the REVO and Ignite shafts feel like carbon fiber shafts where they are stiff and impart more energy with different deflection properties, feel and how the cueball leaves the tip than wood shafts. All the players that I know that used a REVO then tried the Cuetec went back to the REVO, of those that actually liked how the REVO played in the first place that is. Those players that are looking for a non wood shaft that plays like their wood shafts will be happy with the Cuetec, or any other CF shaft outside of the REVO or Ignite.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Happy reading!

- Kimmo
What mezz shaft do use and do you compare that to the cue tee cf

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Basically the Cuetec CF shaft hits and feels like a maple low deflection shaft. It feels less stiff than even some wood shafts. The Z shafts for one to me feel stiffer than the Cuetec

I had enough table time with Cynergy to know how it feels and plays and your statements just prove how differently some players feel the equipment... You mean Predator Z shaft feels stiffer than Cynergy...right?
From my experience for a shaft with such a long pretty straight pro-taper as Cynergy it is amazingly stiff. I don't believe I will ever try a solid wooden shaft with exactly the same taper being even close in stiffness to Cynergy.
For me Cuetec's shaft felt like it has a better energy transfer comparing to all LD maple shafts I've ever tried. Yes, not that powerful as the Revo but there are players out there who will find it not a disadvantage but just the opposite. Having possibility to choose from is not a bad thing...

Kimmo...very good and deep review and all you have described is pretty much similar to my experience with this shaft).

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Yeah im good, if i needed a review of 10000 words ide try and find a video instead. Ive tried them, theyre ok. Not for me. They could skip the packaging and reduce the price by about 90 dollars.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What mezz shaft do use and do you compare that to the cue tee cf

I use their hard maple shafts. Mezz still makes them and they are great for their price point. I take them down a little in diameter and lengthen the taper quite a bit to suite my taste better. The one I like the most has been taken down to 12.2mm and has a similiar taper to the Cynergy. It is starting to get quite worn down so I bought a spare one around 2 months ago. That one is in stock shape (12.8mm) and works a back up / a shaft to change to if the oldie was to quit on me some day.

It looks like they will be sitting in my case for the time being as the Cynergy has become my shaft of choice by quite a margin already.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use their hard maple shafts. Mezz still makes them and they are great for their price point. I take them down a little in diameter and lengthen the taper quite a bit to suite my taste better. The one I like the most has been taken down to 12.2mm and has a similiar taper to the Cynergy. It is starting to get quite worn down so I bought a spare one around 2 months ago. That one is in stock shape (12.8mm) and works a back up / a shaft to change to if the oldie was to quit on me some day.

It looks like they will be sitting in my case for the time being as the Cynergy has become my shaft of choice by quite a margin already.

Thanks for the reply
I was hoping you were using the wx700 or 900 to compare with the cuetec

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the reply
I was hoping you were using the wx700 or 900 to compare with the cuetec

I have a Mezz with the 900 shaft, liked it better than the Cuetec, but the Mezz was too stiff for my liking with the Wavy joint and the cue it was on. I would not really use either but would go Mezz 900 over Cuetec CF if had to use one of those. The hit of the Mezz was a bit too jarring, felt like a cue with an ivory joint and ferrule, stiff and tougher to get action on the cueball. The Cuetec was a bit whippy, if I was to give a comparison it was to other CF shafts as Meucci shafts were to other model shafts, more flex, not as stable.
The Cuetec CF was a radial pin one. Was traded for a Revo radial, the guy that did the trade asked a week or two later if we would trade back hehe.

Last edited:

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm finding that I like Carbon Fibers more for the consistency they provide rather than the "super low deflection." I like a little deflection and so far CueTec and a Keith Kustom are my 2 favorites. Those are the 2 I have left, still waiting to try an Ignite, Rogue and Eric Cook

The shafts I've owned
CueTec
Keith Kustom
Go2
Defy
Revo
BlacK
BeCue

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Happy reading!

- Kimmo

Nice write up... It appears that you put more value on the "feel" or hit of the cue then I would. I test hit a Cynergy while I was up in Vegas last August. Let me take a step back and say that I've been playing with a Schon which has a 1st generation Predator shaft. So, I've had this cue for about 12 or 13 years. You could say I've become very adjusted to how much deflection needed on specific shots.
While testing out the Cynergy, I set up a similar shot as you. I put the object ball 2 diamonds from the corner and with the cue ball in the center of the table I make the ball and using inside English, go 3 rails for shape. This shot is a great indicator of how much deflection you are getting. The first 3 shots I over cut the ball which tells me that the Cynergy was deflecting more than my 1st gen Predator. I adjusted and quickly made it a few times in a row. Did I want to buy this bran new CF shaft with more deflection than the one I was using? NOPE!
I went down to the Predator booth and set up the same shot, this time using the Revo 12.4 shaft. I nailed it on the 1st few attempts, hardly any adjustment needed from how my 1st gen Predator played. So, ended up getting a Predator Roadline cue with Revo 12.4.
The reason I switched is that the old wood shafts will get dings and warp in time. The CF shafts should not get any warping and dings are a thing of the past. Everybody likes different cues but I went for results, that made me "feel" good. :wink: