The GLENN Collection / Museum- I see Different peopl

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
there, touring and looking over the collection....
" Can there be appointments made to go and see the place :)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So they are touring, and when they are touring, you can make an appointment to visit their current location?

BTW, where is it usually?

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So they are touring, and when they are touring, you can make an appointment to visit their current location?

BTW, where is it usually?

I " think"
On His Property-
That kind of collection,
I surely wouldn't want it far from my home:smile:

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I " think"
On His Property-
That kind of collection,
I surely wouldn't want it far from my home:smile:

Oh, you mean that when you are there, you see a lot of other people that are touring who happen to stop in and visit his place?

Still though, where is it?

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh, you mean that when you are there, you see a lot of other people that are touring who happen to stop in and visit his place?

Still though, where is it?

"I saw it on youtube-
People were there,
making short vids with their phones,
posted to you tube

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

The display of the Glenn collection, as seen in some videos, no longer exists. In late 2019, Denny Glenn rented 2,000 square feet of space in Las Vegas to put the collection temporarily on display and to create a video that captures it all. It was not open to the public, but was visited by some cuemakers, players, and friends. Denny hopes that some day a permanent museum will be found for the collection.

[info from an April, 2020 Billiards Digest article about the collection and the display]

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The display of the Glenn collection, as seen in some videos, no longer exists. In late 2019, Denny Glenn rented 2,000 square feet of space in Las Vegas to put the collection temporarily on display and to create a video that captures it all. It was not open to the public, but was visited by some cuemakers, players, and friends. Denny hopes that some day a permanent museum will be found for the collection.

[info from an April, 2020 Billiards Digest article about the collection and the display]

ok,
THANKS FOR THE POST

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think that a combination of a physical hall of fame, cue/historical museum, and maybe even a pool room would be great for the sport. I just don't know it it would be able to be fiscally viable. Maybe if it was subsidized by the industry somehow. I know there are some very financially sound fans of the sport but it's been my experience those with money aren't inclined to invest in losing propositions but many museums including the one here in KC is funded by private grants.