LIVE-Bustamante vs Pagulayan One Pocket Race to 24 April 21-23RD 2020

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Busty need 1 ball for the match Alex needed 2 balls to stay alive. Busty had missed his great chance to close out the match. 2 balls are spotted and Busty shooting, once again needing just 1 ball for the match, he slams into the spotted balls with no apparent rhyme or reason and gave Alex the out. Frustration about not getting out? No idea & apparently neither did he. I got out of the stream at that point not caring about the result anymore.

I noticed that too, then a few more times when he could had played smarter shots buy he took the "hero" shots with a terrible stroke like he was trying to miss almost, I donno...

Alex proved me wrong though, his desire rose while Busty's diminished. Still, fun live action to sweat!

Thanks for the match stream PATV!:thumbup:

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed that too, then a few more times when he could had played smarter shots buy he took the "hero" shots with a terrible stroke like he was trying to miss almost, I donno...

Alex proved me wrong though, his desire rose while Busty's diminished. Still, fun live action to sweat!

Yea like they said.

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

If you watch Busty play he takes tons of "hero" shots. They just don't seem like "hero" shots because he makes such a high percentage of them. I am pretty sure he was trying to two rail the bottom ball when the balls were on the spot and he had to shoot them from the wrong side to push the top ball down to his pocket. He just got a massive kiss so it looked like he shot totally up in the air.

Anyone who thinks Busty dumped is fooling their selves and just looking for excuses for him not winning. It was a great match by two of the best ever and I consider myself lucky to have Ray and the team bring this great content to our homes for an extremely low cost while many of us are sheltered in place with all local pool rooms closed.

-don

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Busty need 1 ball for the match Alex needed 2 balls to stay alive. Busty had missed his great chance to close out the match. 2 balls are spotted and Busty shooting, once again needing just 1 ball for the match, he slams into the spotted balls with no apparent rhyme or reason and gave Alex the out. Frustration about not getting out? No idea & apparently neither did he. I got out of the stream at that point not caring about the result anymore.

That's been a standard 1P shot for thirty years that i know of.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Youre the first one to use 'dump' in this thread, I do believe.

If you think anybody who has bet half of what either of these two monsters have in life is gonna play the same game for cheap with a friend as he would in a true gambling match...no friggin way.

That said, playing winning% shots all the time doesn't necessarily result in a better product for viewers. I like to see the creativity and shooting for the moon and power shifts and all that stuff that comes from 'trying something'.

A fine exhibition, it was.

If you watch Busty play he takes tons of "hero" shots. They just don't seem like "hero" shots because he makes such a high percentage of them. I am pretty sure he was trying to two rail the bottom ball when the balls were on the spot and he had to shoot them from the wrong side to push the top ball down to his pocket. He just got a massive kiss so it looked like he shot totally up in the air.

Anyone who thinks Busty dumped is fooling their selves and just looking for excuses for him not winning. It was a great match by two of the best ever and I consider myself lucky to have Ray and the team bring this great content to our homes for an extremely low cost while many of us are sheltered in place with all local pool rooms closed.

-don

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was an excellent 3 day affair.
I didn’t read the fine print tho,
It says if the match goes hill hill
I am required to purchase the next one!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was an excellent 3 day affair.
I didn’t read the fine print tho,
It says if the match goes hill hill
I am required to purchase the next one!

Sucker!!!!

LOL...that Ray, always on the cutting edge.
missed-smallie-gif.gif

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Right on point.

And I'll add... I in no way intended to imply there was any "dump" moves taking place. Just body language and shot selection lead to my thought of diminished drive.

There is definitely nothing wrong with taking the perceived wrong shot when you are trying new things and for funzies at that.

Hopefully the rematch will be just as entertaining!

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Right on point.

And I'll add... I in no way intended to imply there was any "dump" moves taking place. Just body language and shot selection lead to my thought of diminished drive.

There is definitely nothing wrong with taking the perceived wrong shot when you are trying new things and for funzies at that.

Hopefully the rematch will be just as entertaining!

Sorry, I should have stayed away from that word. I just feel the ultra-aggressive manner Busty played is pretty on point for what I have seen from him over the last 18 months.

Thanks
-don

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

It was Game 45, with Busty leading 23-21. When Busty played what you called the "no apparent rhyme" shot, he was near the head rail and a bit to his left of center. His pocket was to his left. So he didn't really have the standard shot of trying to force the top ball in with draw (and I'm not sure they were 2 frozen balls). I think he tried to cut the top ball and double bank the bottom ball to his pocket. But it didn't work.

Busty's bigger blunder that game was earlier. The score was 4-1 in his favor and he was looking at a pretty easy 4&out for the match win. But when he pocketed his 7th ball he chose to go up and back for position on his final ball, and he hooked himself slightly behind the 4-ball. Up and back was certainly one way to go, but it looked like he had a pretty easy position play with far less cb travel. So he had to play safe. Alex then shot a do-or-die long 2-railer that went in and let him get to that 6-7 score before their many shots with just 2 balls left.

Last edited:

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the shot you are talking about but in that situation I don't think he takes that shot if the stakes are 5 figures and it is coming out his back pocket. I'm not even sure he was shooting that shot given where he was shooting it from.

The back of my brain still says that the frustration of having not gotten out when it was right there for him became uncontrollable and he hit a bad shot badly.

Make the other guy win on a great shot, like the day before, but make it HARD while giving yourself a chance.

I'm still disappointed as it tainted the other days that I was having fun.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
That is just a great picture all the way around. It's so cliche and so true... a picture is worth 1000 words!

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every that bought a pass to watch the Busty/Alex match
and all premium members were entered into the prizes giveaway drawing.

Good luck guys :)

Some great prizes including
Aramith Tournament Black Pool Ball Set
JB Pool Cue Case
Hanshew Jump Cue

Announcement video of the give away prize winners on the
PoolActionTV Facebook page at 5pm central today

1587842541698.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments