SMOKIN' Deal AMF POOL TABLE GEORGIA Ebay

JC

Coos Cues
That's no kidding.

Those tables were the truth.

Hopefully someone in that region sees this.

JC

Coos Cues
Why is this table so good?

It's built like a brick shithouse. Everything is heavy, Solid. Think GC1, Anniversary. Before AMF was a cheap copy of GC3.

These will be around beyond when us boomers and newborn babies are.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's no kidding.

Those tables were the truth.

Hopefully someone in that region sees this.

These tables were the closest thing in quality to the Gold Crown at the time. My favorites back then were Gold Crowns, AMF and Nationals in that order. I also liked Anniversaries but you rarely saw them in the poolrooms I went to. Only some of the older rooms had them.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you know your stuff, all you need to do is just LOOK at that table to see how well built it is- old world style care in making something that would last a lifetime with quality. A true symbol of a now lost era in American manufacturing where quality and durability were everything. Reminds me of a Maytag washing machine I bought with my first house in 1984- 30 years later it was still working just fine, with only a belt replacement in 30 years!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only caveat here would be does it need any parts? From those pics it looks new. The GP's are stout but finding parts for one may be hard if not impossible. It is a helluva price tho.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It appears to be in Virginia, not Georgia. Probably an hour and a half from me.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like all it needs is new cloth and little ball box work. You just gotta love that 1960s styling. I wonder if those were available in tangerine blinds like Gold Crowns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was a tangerine and white GC2 that sat at $400 Saturday on Ebay in an auction that closed Monday. It ultimately sold for $2,250. Really wish I had the space for one of these. I can do seven feet at the max at the moment.

fredfredfred

Registered
It is a good looking design and has some features I like. The frame sides extend the whole length of the table. It also uses threaded inserts to mount the rails. I am gathering materials to replace the 50 year cushions now.

Attachments

• 1968-AMF-Grand-Prixss.jpg
    1968-AMF-Grand-Prixss.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Meh, it's an ok deal. I'd offer $500 to start.

I follow CL pretty close, you can find better deals.

Anyone out there looking for a table, I would give a couple pieces of advice. 1. Be patient, at least 3-6 months watching CL and any other resale sights. 2. Check listings daily and be ready to pull the trigger any day.

I had to get a 3pc 7ft slate to get into my basement, only thing that would fit. I watched CL for at least 4 months and finally found one in like new condition for super cheap. These people were new home owners w a pool table they never used.

I've scored some really good deals off of CL. Being ready to act on it quick is key.