Who does the best smooth leather wrap?

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m going to be having a new cue made and I’m curious who does the best smooth leather wrap (outside of Pete Tascarella). I’d appreciate your suggestions.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm having a 30 year old cue refinished/restored that has a leather wrap. (HOF cuemaker.) As I understand the process, it's difficult to salvage the leather, though he said he'd do his best..

So, in light of the thread subject, can people responding indicate what leather they chose and why? I was shown probably 20 leathers in case mine could not be salvaged, and I'd really rather have what is on there now.

Those with leather wraps and responding to the "who", can you comment on the leather choice and why? (Don't want to hijack: just add to.)

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lance Cowles aka Bossman69 here, does a great job on any kind of wraps, including stacked leather, any other kind of wrap including linen, leathers, animal skins, etc. He does a great job at a reasonable price! :thumbup: He put an ostrich skin wrap on my Cognoscenti and it's perfect!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Pete Tasc and Ernie @ Ginacue are the best at leather wraps but there are some others who can do them really good, as well.

Steve Lomax comes to mind as one of those guys. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry McWorter does the best leather wrap.....according to Ernie G. It took me about an hour to find the seam on mine