Who's the best pool player that also makes cues?

lsabado

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 cuemakers comes to mind. Bobby hunter and Richard Harris. I'm not talking about their cue making skills but their pool skills. Who do you guys think has some pool skills that makes cues?

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
I'm assuming you mean who's the best player amongst all the cue makers?

Your question could also be interpreted as who is the best pro player that makes cue?

Just wanted to clarify since i'd love to see how this unfolds...subscribed!;)

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Shawn Putnam makes cues, but Bob hunter probably makes better cues.

Bob plays good, but Shawn plays better.

Depends on which criteria is more important, strength of game or quality of cues.

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
just a thought

2 cuemakers comes to mind. Bobby hunter and Richard Harris. I'm not talking about their cue making skills but their pool skills. Who do you guys think has some pool skills that makes cues?

Among other notable players to get their hands in the cue making market is the hall of famer Nick Varner. Just thought I would throw that in the hat. Yes I am aware that Nick is past his prime, would you care to play him for the cash?:grin:

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
Among other notable players to get their hands in the cue making market is the hall of famer Nick Varner. Just thought I would throw that in the hat. Yes I am aware that Nick is past his prime, would you care to play him for the cash?:grin:

Did Varner actually make cues or did he just own a cue factory?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

I'm a huge! Nick Varner fan but come on....the man brand labels his cues that are made off shore. Hall of famer who can still play great...sure. Cue maker. Not by a long shot.

Nick

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Steve Lomax, Steve Lomax, did I say Steve Lomax!!!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
If Sigel and Varner are on the list to choose among then no one else touches them that I can think of.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I watched Jack Madden on live stream once. I'd consider him a damned fine player.

billy bones

billy bones
Silver Member
I'm a huge! Nick Varner fan but come on....the man brand labels his cues that are made off shore. Hall of famer who can still play great...sure. Cue maker. Not by a long shot.

Nick

I wouldn,t know the particulars for sure. When the cues bearing his name came out I spoke to him. I was not interested in his cues. I did not look at them nor did I ask him who was making the cues. The man with him in the booth said they made them, Was that accurate. I didn't care then, I don't care now. The fact is Nick Varner had a line of cues under his name. That should give him consideration for this question. The question was not that specific.

Yukon Ed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pete Ohman

I like Pete Ohman's game. Top-notch player for decades, innovative cue builder, and a heckuva nice guy. :thumbup:

Jimmy M.

Insomniac
Silver Member
Bob plays good, but Shawn plays better.

It's too bad that time has to creep up on everyone.

Sigel was making cues, if he isn't still, so I guess you'd have to call him the best cue maker/player but, without him in the mix, Bobby would have my vote. And his cues are top notch as well. :)

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Mike gullaysa sorry for the spelling played on the mosconi team for several years and os still hitting them pretty sporty...siegel would have to be tops putnam second and alot of great players who are making cues now...

LAlouie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best CUE made by former players are probably Stroud's Joss West, and Gold's Cogniscenti.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
098.jpg

MMike