389182_3725420103454_1271614465_n.jpg

PM me if interested,

Thank you

troyroy78

I can average 2 ball's :)
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
This is not the original magic rack. Buyers please be aware this is a cheap copy and not the original product

Original magic ball racks are branded with magic ball rack not numbers like this copy

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Magic Ball Rack

As mentioned in the previous post,

These are copies and will NOT be allowed in competition for any CSI event.

We do allow the Magic Ball Rack - but only the authorized and authentic version.

Mark Griffin

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Seeing as this product has been identified by CSI as a not the real deal it would probably be in the seller's best interest to have the thread deleted by the mods since you can't change the thread title and the term "Magic Rack" was used. I'd suggest not using the name Magic Rack in selling this product here in the future.

Call it a "tribute" rack if you must.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.3%
148   1   0
Magic Rack

Not meaning to offend anyone here.

I've been selling Magic Racks before the CSI started selling theirs.

I don't believe there is a patent,or anything like that for this piece of plastic.

I've been using them since when I used to live in Tokyo,back in year 2002.

I've seen them in all sort of color,names and shapes. They are all the same.

I never used the name Magic Ball Rack that CSI or others sell them.

This type of racks have been called Magic Racks for some time now,and that is what I call them.

I don't know wich ones the CSI sell,but I doubt they are The original of this type of racks.
I guess everyone must be entitled to call original anything they like...I doubt there is an original, this racks have been in Asia for quite some years, and they didn't even have a name.

I don't know, but I'm just a small little sand grain in the beach. You guys should go pick on someone else

The ones I have are some of the best quality,indeed.And everyone I have sold this to was very happy with the durability and resistance.

Get yours until the end of the week for $8.50 shipped

Last edited:

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Actually the first one I could remember, and the one where the idea more than likely came from was the Slug-Doctor Rack System, which basically is thin layers of film manually applied to the table's cloth with the clear template.

I am not sure the exact date, but it is posts on that rack all the way back to early 2009.

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
95   2   0
Magic Ball Rack (or not ?)

Earliest that I have used were made of a thin paper like material, not plastic !

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Really, the way I would see something like this personally would be,. Does CSI give back to our sport? Yes it does. So I would buy their product above all others, even at a fair but bit larger price than others (though I do not know their price, it may even be the same). And the same with any company who puts back into our sport, I would lean toward supporting them more as well, as they give back.
My two cents...

J.L.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the original Magic Racks started in Asia few years ago....I'm not sure but I think the original started in Japan.

¿Who can say is selling the original Magic Racks?.....all arround I have seen are copies....ALL

Marc is a very good guy to deal, you can be sure. He never deceived anyone, and this Magic Racks he is selling are really good.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think the original Magic Racks started in Asia few years ago....I'm not sure but I think the original started in Japan.

¿Who can say is selling the original Magic Racks?.....all arround I have seen are copies....ALL

Marc is a very good guy to deal, you can be sure. He never deceived anyone, and this Magic Racks he is selling are really good.

I've no reason to doubt that Marc is a good guy and that the product is good. My only suggestion was that he refrain from referring to it as the "Magic Rack" as that name is associated with a particular brand different from the one he is selling. It could be construed by some as misleading. And I was only making a suggestion, not making a judgement.

I did not suggest he can't be selling these at all; I'm certainly not a lawyer. Obviously many have copied the first guy to come out with the triangle rack. But if I'm selling my own version of the triangle I probably shouldn't call mine a "Delta Rack".

Just call it a 9/10 Ball racking template or come up with some other catchy name for it.

Last edited:

J.L.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've no reason to doubt that Marc is a good guy and that the product is good. My only suggestion was that he refrain from referring to it as the "Magic Rack" as that name is associated with a particular brand different from the one he is selling. It could be construed by some as misleading. And I was only making a suggestion, not making a judgement.

I did not suggest he can't be selling these at all; I'm certainly not a lawyer. Obviously many have copied the first guy to come out with the triangle rack. But if I'm selling my own version of the triangle I probably shouldn't call mine a "Delta Rack".

Just call it a 9/10 Ball racking template or come up with some other catchy name for it.

Yes I know What you'r want to say... http://www.magicrack.com/

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes I know What you'r want to say... http://www.magicrack.com/

Cute. :grin-square:

Is this the product you're selling?: http://www.pooldawg.com/product/8-9-ball-magic-rack

Look, I was just making a suggestion. But if you and your buddy would rather make of fun of it and insist on misleading potential buyers by clinging to calling the product a name belonging to someone else - then you're just selling what by definition amounts to counterfeit goods, imho. But knock yourselves off, ur, I mean, out.

Just tried to help. Best of luck. :smile:

Last edited:

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.3%
148   1   0
10Ball Magic Rack

Enough of bashing my chinese made product!

This is a pool forum and we can all sell what we feel like selling,don't we?

This same exact Rack Sheet I'm selling is being used in many Regional and International competitions in China,Taiwan,Japan and even Indonesia.

How can you people call it replicas and downgrade it like that?

I guarantee it is made of the best quality, and it is not a replica but a name brand in Asia that have been around much longer than other Magic Rack brands have.

For another week only, I will sell the few I have left for $8.50 (shipping included in the US).

PM me if interested

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I think the confusion here is the rack we are familiar with in the US is called the "Magic Ball Rack" and the rack Marc is selling that is used in Asia is called the "Magic Rack".

The US version has been around only for a handful of years, probably 4 or so. According to Marc, the Asian version has been around since 2002.

If this information is correct, I think many on the US side have been to quick to call the Asian version the "copy".

These templates are everywhere and being made by everyone. I saw yet another version at Tunica.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fwiw, this is of Aug 11, 2012 23:04:17 PDT

The Slug-Doctor has been discontinued at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best Regards, Abe Slug-Doctor.com

Slug-Doctor Tight Rack
Item #: SD-X
Slug-Doctor Tight Rack System: 9-Ball/10-Ball ONLY $24.95 USD 1 $24.95 USD