Schon LTD Cue Information

Ken Yanora

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the forum, and I wonder if I could get someones help?
I purchased this Schon LTD cue off of a friend in the early 2000's. I was wondering if anyone new the year and the make of the cue or what it would go for price wise now. Thanks for all of your help in advanced!
Ken:smile::smile:

Attachments

• Schon Limited Cue 002.jpg
    Schon Limited Cue 002.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 703
  • Schon Limited Cue 012.jpg
    Schon Limited Cue 012.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 675
  • Schon Limited Cue 004.jpg
    Schon Limited Cue 004.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 673
  • Schon Limited Cue 001.jpg
    Schon Limited Cue 001.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 681

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
please take a picture of the joint screw end with the joint protector off... looking at the shaft.. if that is the original shaft, the shaft was made in 1993..its possible the cue was also made in 1993, but wont know for sure untill we see what the joint pin looks like..

chris

****** edit. after looking at the last picture there is three shafts.. so it is probably that the schon shaft that is marked on the collar is most likley not the original shaft..

chris

Last edited:

Ken Yanora

Schon Joint Pictures

Thanks for taking the time Chris, here are two pictures of the joint, and I agree with you the shaft with Schon on it isn't the original but the other two I have are Schon 13's. I would really suck if it was made in 1993 and the LTD's started in 1999, LOL. Thanks for all your help!
Ken:thumbup:

Attachments

• Schon Limited Cue 017.jpg
    Schon Limited Cue 017.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 630
  • Schon Limited Cue 018.jpg
    Schon Limited Cue 018.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 595

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
See the shaft with the schon 13 stamped on the collar is in fact probably the original shaft, that joint pin they only used for 1 year in 1993...

So atleast you know when it was made but to narrow down the model number will be alot harder unless somebody comes across a picture

Chris

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
I’d give $600 for it if butt is straight and all shafts are straight with no major nicks or dings.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue.
But please clean the ferules.
Hint-magic eraser.
And don't use deep chalk.
Thank you.

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
If everything is straight and the shafts are a full 13 mm or very close with a good finish and wrap I'd expect you could get 850 to 950...maybe a little less for a quick sale or a little more if you were willing to wait for the right buyer. With Schon cues the older ones with sharp points usually bring the higher prices. That's my opinion.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not a big round point fan, but I really do like the butt sleeve on that cue!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Evan Clarke was a really great cue-maker during his tenure with Schon.
But as pointed out, cues made by Bob Runde are in greatest demand.

Bob produced cues with sharp point veneers versus just CNC that’s easier.
Personally, I think CNC points alone is the lazy approach to cue-making.

Last edited: