Shooting Pool, quality pool coffee table book

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This is a large-format 9x13 book about pool with lots of very nice pictures and accompanying text. The text is by Mike Shamos. Jeanette Lee is on the front cover and Earl Strickland is on the back.

NEW PRICES
Available including the following options, all prices include media mail shipping:

1. $11 for a "remaindered" copy that has a black sharpie mark across the bottom of the pages. It's not visible when you are reading.

2. $15 for unmarked copy

3. $30 Inscribed to Pierre Morin (a pool author in Canada) in French by Shamos

4. (XXX sold out) Autographed by Mike Shamos and initialed by George Bennett (the photographer)

My paypal is bob@billiardbooks.com -- be sure to include which option you want and your address.

CropperCapture[428].png

Info about contents:

Earl on the back cover
Chalker's in San Francisco p10-p15
Fran Crimi p16-17
Ray Martin p18-20
Steve Mizerak p22-23
Jean Balukas p24-27
Earl p28-29
Ron Blatt p30-31
Ernie Gutierrez 32-33
Women pros 34-53 (Fisher wins the event)

Places -- Julian's, Hardtimes (Bellflower), Jillian's (Long Beach), Hollywood Athletic Club, Gotham Hall (Santa Monica), Hollywood Billiards (San Francisco), The Blue Fin (Monterey) featuring Tony Annigoni, Monterey Billiards, Red's Recovery Room and two other rooms in Sonoma County, Gold Rush Billiards (Santa Rosa), New Wave Billiards (Miami), Pete Rose's room in Boca Raton, Franklin's Sporting Goods (Aliquippa, PA), the Duquesne Club (Pittsburgh), the NYAC, 4X4 Billiards (Flushing), SL Billiards (Queens), Old Princeton Landing (Half Moon Bay, CA), The Jointed Cue (Sacramento) showing tournament charts which are still there from 1978/1979, Shootz Cafe and Breakers (Pittsburgh), South HIlls Golden Cue (Bridgeville, PA) ft. Jimmy Marino, Chelsea, Mammoth, Amsterdam, and Le Q (Manhattan).

Male pros, p92-113 (Davenport 1st, Sans Souci 2nd, at a Sands Regency event in 1997) Lots of pictures of the pros breaking and going completely into the air and lots of break sticks bent into the table.

Lots of pictures from the BCA Trade Show of that year including a wedding in the Brunswick booth (Jimmy Caras was an usher), a wheelchair tournament, people playing five-pin billiards (finals of a pro tournament), Sammy Jones doing jump shots, and Paul Huebler writing up an order. (There was a lot more to see at trade shows back then, before the innerwebz.)

A glossary at the end

Last edited:

dpaulnot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Books

I will take 2 of the these books. Where do I send Payment?? David Nelson

This is a large-format 9x13 book about pool with lots of very nice pictures and accompanying text. The text is by Mike Shamos. Jeanette Lee is on the front cover and Earl Strickland is on the back.

I have several new copies (with a little shelf wear).

$12 includes shipping.

View attachment 538500

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I will take 2 of the these books. Where do I send Payment?? David Nelson
PM sent.

Some of the books are new but I see now that they have a "remainder mark" -- a single short sharpie line across all the pages at the bottom of the book. The mark does not appear when you are reading the book. $11 for the remaindered copies.

dpaulnot

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0

I have several new copies (with a little shelf wear).

$12 includes shipping.

View attachment 538500

Bought 2, excellent book to have in your pool room...

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hi, Bob-

I would like one if there are any left. Just bring it next time we play-

-dj
Actually, I still have a bunch. I was at the BCA Trade Show the year the book was published and there was a rep there selling them. I wandered by their booth as everyone was packing up at the end. They had quite a few left and said I could have all I could carry since they didn't want to have to lug them out. Sadly, I didn't have my roller-duffel with me.:frown:

Hi, Terry, I sent a PM.

Last edited:

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

NEW PRICES
Available including the following options, all prices include media mail shipping:

1. $11 for a "remaindered" copy that has a black sharpie mark across the bottom of the pages. It's not visible when you are reading.

2. (XXX sold out) for unmarked copy

4. $35 Autographed by Mike Shamos and initialed by George Bennett (the photographer)

My paypal is bob@billiardbooks.com -- be sure to include which option you want and your address.

View attachment 538500
Bob,I will take an autographed copy.Funds sent and Thanks,Mike S

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

NEW PRICES

4. (XXX sold out) Autographed by Mike Shamos and initialed by George Bennett (the photographer)

View attachment 538500

Info about contents:

Earl on the back cover
Fran Crimi p16-17
Ray Martin p18-20
Steve Mizerak p22-23
Jean Balukas p24-27
Earl p28-29
Ron Blatt p30-31
Ernie Gutierrez 32-33

Places -- Julian's, Hardtimes (Bellflower), Jillian's (Long Beach), Hollywood Athletic Club, Gotham Hall (Santa Monica), Hollywood Billiards (San Francisco), The Blue Fin (Monterey) featuring Tony Annigoni, Monterey Billiards, Red's Recovery Room and two other rooms in Sonoma County, Gold Rush Billiards (Santa Rosa), New Wave Billiards (Miami), Pete Rose's room in Boca Raton, Franklin's Sporting Goods (Aliquippa, PA), the Duquesne Club (Pittsburgh), the NYAC, 4X4 Billiards (Flushing), SL Billiards (Queens), Old Princeton Landing (Half Moon Bay, CA), The Jointed Cue (Sacramento) showing tournament charts which are still there from 1978/1979, Shootz Cafe and Breakers (Pittsburgh), South HIlls Golden Cue (Bridgeville, PA) ft. Jimmy Marino, Chelsea, Mammoth, Amsterdam, and Le Q (Manhattan).

Male pros, p92-113 (Davenport 1st, Sans Souci 2nd, at a Sands Regency event in 1997) Lots of pictures of the pros breaking and going completely into the air and lots of break sticks bent into the table.

Lots of pictures from the BCA Trade Show of that year including a wedding in the Brunswick booth (Jimmy Caras was an usher), a wheelchair tournament, people playing five-pin billiards (finals of a pro tournament), Sammy Jones doing jump shots, and Paul Huebler writing up an order. (There was a lot more to see at trade shows back then, before the innerwebz.)

A glossary at the end
I'll take option # 1.
My address should be in the PayPal payment thing.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0

NEW PRICES

View attachment 538500

Info about contents:

Earl on the back cover
Fran Crimi p16-17
Ray Martin p18-20
Steve Mizerak p22-23
Jean Balukas p24-27
Earl p28-29
Ron Blatt p30-31
Ernie Gutierrez 32-33

A glossary at the end
Payment sent Bob.
My address should show up with PP, thanks!