Elforyn(sp?) Joints

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having been away for a long time I am now seeing a number of cues with Elforyn(sp?) joints.I am guessing this is due to Ivory restrictions.How does this material hit compared with wood to wood,Steel, and Ivory joints? Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this,Mike S

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

I am a big fan of ivory cue joints & state adopted ivory restrictions have impacted the availability of cues in
the secondary market. At the same time, cue makers recognizing the trend switched from ivory to other
materials. There is widespread opinion about how these materials play. The best thing is to talk with a
noteworthy name in cue making or a few esteemed members of the Forum that own and use both ivory
and ivory substitutes for the joint. Bob Owen told me what he is using is a very good substitute for ivory &
I’m debating having another cue design built I have in mind but I really want to use ivory so I’m undecided.

Matt B.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think you will like eforim joints

sometimes i think i can explain the different hits,then i decide i can not tell them apart

i have met many the player who says the same thing and not a few who swear by one or the other

honestly i don't think you will be able to tell the difference

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having been away for a long time I am now seeing a number of cues with Elforyn(sp?) joints.I am guessing this is due to Ivory restrictions.How does this material hit compared with wood to wood,Steel, and Ivory joints? Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this,Mike S
I've had ivory, elforyn, micarta and have hit tomahawk. Couldn't tell which was what. Too many other factors that determine a cue's "hit".

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had ivory, elforyn, micarta and have hit tomahawk. Couldn't tell which was what. Too many other factors that determine a cue's "hit".

I would tend to agree with this statement as well- also factor in piloted vs. solid joints vs. sleeved joints with each of these materials- hard to tell them apart for me also; as being THE individual deciding factor in the hit of a cue. There are truly so many factors involved in the hit of a cue.