Frederic Caudron will not play in Europe

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
This just gets stupider and stupider.
The Carom oligarchs are making fools of themselves in the name of the all mighty dollar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-03-09-16-27-679.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-07-03-09-16-27-679.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 241

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Dallinga.com threatens to lose world top player Caudron due to Belgian conflict

https://www.pzc.nl/sport-in-zeeland...BAYdAFGJ1kL8&referrer=https://l.facebook.com/

The Belgian federation would support its players who play in the wild federation in South Korea, but after a season, according to Caudron, nothing has yet emerged. That is why he no longer wants to play in Belgium and canceled his membership. The rules in Belgium say that you must be a member to play abroad. That implies that Caudron cannot play in the Dutch league.

Dallinga.com is now working with the Dutch association to see what is possible. Team leader Berry Dallinga: ,, We have proposed Frederic to remain a member in Belgium, but that is a matter of principle for him. We hope to get a definite answer soon. Incidentally, the possible loss is less than it seems. Because of his participation in Korea, Caudron would only play five to six games for us. ''

Dallinga.com would then play with an almost permanent team. Jean Paul de Bruijn, Peter de Backer, Steven van Acker and Berry Dallinga. Dallinga: "If De Bruijn is unable, we will try to use Raymond Ceulemans as much as possible."

Caudron would find it regrettable if there is no solution, but remains firm. "Dallinga is a great team with good colleagues and a nice accommodation."

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder what is happening with the Korean promoter with the current situation. I have not heard of any events recently.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Frédéric Caudron no longer plays competition in Europe
After nearly 30 years, the Belgian top billiard Frédéric Caudron will no longer play in European three-cushion leagues.
For many years he was head man of the successful Zeeland formation of Dallinga and earlier he came out for Crystal Kelly. His first team in our country was the four in Brabant Zundert.
In addition to the Dutch - and Belgian competition, he was active in France, Germany and Portugal for years and also in Spain and Turkey a few years ago.
The reason for his absence is the performance of the Belgian billiard union. ,, I officially asked the Belgian union about our situation :. suspended or not. KBBB does not suspend us and continues to support us but nothing happened in practice. In January we had to retire from the Belgian championship because of the UMB blackmail due to ranking points. I didn't expect this from my bond. If they don't do anything, then it won't help me to register, if we aren't allowed to play in the Belgian championship."
Caudron can't play in other countries because he is no longer a member of the KBBB. ,, I'm very sorry because Dallinga has been like a family to me over the years. Super people and teammates, but due to circumstances I will have to miss it." What will he do when there are no tournaments in Korea? ,, Enjoying life with my wife, which I never could do because I had to play so many tournaments."
In three days the first tournament of the PBA will start and the UMB has set up an internet tournament. ,, They set the date right with PBA and they think they make it difficult for the PBA, but actually they only make it difficult for the public. It doesn't make a difference to us. Sponsors here are jumping to sponsor a tournament."
Caudron is not positive about the role of the UMB. ,, I had read some emails from some time ago when a UMB sayer wrote that irregularities were detected from a tournament in Medellin. But the UMB never communicated about this. Suspensions have been declared by the national Colombian union, but the UMB (despite the regulatory obligation) never took over those sanctions. Also some players who also played for PBA have not been suspended by the UMB (Balogiannis, 3 Colombians and Vietnamese Ma Minh Cam)."
The Belgian top billiard also calls it strange that the UMB is being secretive why some players from the top of the world ranking are not participating in the Virtual Challenge. ,, Why the secrecy. Tell me why some players from the top are not participating (Zanetti, Sidhom Kim). Everything is always so mysterious at the UMB." says Caudron from his training room in Seoul.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So do 3C professional players have it better or worse than professional pool players?
The world governing body (UMB) puts about $85,000 into the prize fund of each "World Cup" (pro tour event). In return, the event organizer is required to seed the top 12 pros into the final 32 and provide them with transportation and lodging. 32nd place gets some prize money. The last time I heard, there is nothing comparable for pool players except some national federations provide some support.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frédéric Caudron no longer plays competition in Europe
After nearly 30 years, the Belgian top billiard Frédéric Caudron will no longer play in European three-cushion leagues.
For many years he was head man of the successful Zeeland formation of Dallinga and earlier he came out for Crystal Kelly. His first team in our country was the four in Brabant Zundert.
In addition to the Dutch - and Belgian competition, he was active in France, Germany and Portugal for years and also in Spain and Turkey a few years ago.
The reason for his absence is the performance of the Belgian billiard union. ,, I officially asked the Belgian union about our situation :. suspended or not. KBBB does not suspend us and continues to support us but nothing happened in practice. In January we had to retire from the Belgian championship because of the UMB blackmail due to ranking points. I didn't expect this from my bond. If they don't do anything, then it won't help me to register, if we aren't allowed to play in the Belgian championship."
Caudron can't play in other countries because he is no longer a member of the KBBB. ,, I'm very sorry because Dallinga has been like a family to me over the years. Super people and teammates, but due to circumstances I will have to miss it." What will he do when there are no tournaments in Korea? ,, Enjoying life with my wife, which I never could do because I had to play so many tournaments."
In three days the first tournament of the PBA will start and the UMB has set up an internet tournament. ,, They set the date right with PBA and they think they make it difficult for the PBA, but actually they only make it difficult for the public. It doesn't make a difference to us. Sponsors here are jumping to sponsor a tournament."
Caudron is not positive about the role of the UMB. ,, I had read some emails from some time ago when a UMB sayer wrote that irregularities were detected from a tournament in Medellin. But the UMB never communicated about this. Suspensions have been declared by the national Colombian union, but the UMB (despite the regulatory obligation) never took over those sanctions. Also some players who also played for PBA have not been suspended by the UMB (Balogiannis, 3 Colombians and Vietnamese Ma Minh Cam)."
The Belgian top billiard also calls it strange that the UMB is being secretive why some players from the top of the world ranking are not participating in the Virtual Challenge. ,, Why the secrecy. Tell me why some players from the top are not participating (Zanetti, Sidhom Kim). Everything is always so mysterious at the UMB." says Caudron from his training room in Seoul.

While all this was going on, Caudron made an absolute gift to the billiard world with his instructional videos, posted 2 months ago, in a variety of languages including a lot in English.