McDermott Stinger NG01

gatorcc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received this j/b cue last night and I only had a chance to break with it 3 or 4 times. I have not tried to jump anything with it. My previous break cue was a Dufferin one piece bar cue (no upgrades of the ferrule or tip) so that is what I compared my new Stinger cue to. I have only been practicing and getting serious about my play for about 6 months now.

The McDermott Stinger NG01 j/b cue looks great. A lot better than the pictures I saw online. The NG01 does not have a wrap but where the wrap would go is a very dark stain. Some pictures make it look like it is black but it is a very nice dark brown stain.

My first break was very good in my opinion. One thing I noticed was the break was a lot louder than with my previous cue. Also on my first break I was able to spread the balls out all over the table and the cue ball actually stopped almost in the middle of the table. It allowed me to make my first 4 balls in a row playing 8 ball. Something I don't experience too often (I know I need to get lessons someday!!! :) ).

Each break after the first one was about the same. The balls were spread out around the table and I was making 1-2 balls on each of the following breaks.

So far I am very happy with this cue and the price was really a good deal at Seyberts.com. My old Dufferin cue is now just another house cue for friends to use when they come over as I won't be using it to break anymore! :)

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if making 4 balls in a row is something that you don't do often (especially playing 8 ball) equipment isn't really where your focus should be

good to hear that you like your cue though

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
poolplayer2093 said:
if making 4 balls in a row is something that you don't do often (especially playing 8 ball) equipment isn't really where your focus should be

good to hear that you like your cue though

That's harsh, everyone has to start some where. Once I knew I was interested in pool and it wasn't going to be a passing fad, I too purchased a decent cue. I wanted to get something that I could grow into, so as I got better I wouldn't want to constantly change equipment.

:cool:

gatorcc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DelaWho??? said:
That's harsh, everyone has to start some where. Once I knew I was interested in pool and it wasn't going to be a passing fad, I too purchased a decent cue. I wanted to get something that I could grow into, so as I got better I wouldn't want to constantly change equipment.

:cool:

I know I am not that good yet. I now have my cues and I am going to get a 2X4 case for Christmas, hopefully! I am hoping that once my work schedule cools off next year that I can take some lessons and start playing this game I truly enjoy a lot better! :)